C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Blown fuse/fuses and or rear battery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350e 2017
Blown fuse/fuses and or rear battery?

I was hooking up a subwoofer to the rear battery and getting signal from the rear amp(c350e wagon)
used the 12+ inlet to the fuse panel back there and hooked my ground straight to the battery.
i then managed to slip and short between + and ground. rear camera/front driverside lumbar support/sound system/ rear window controls/radio signal no longer works. None of the fuses in the fusebox are blown though.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:16 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by sonders
I was hooking up a subwoofer to the rear battery and getting signal from the rear amp(c350e wagon)
used the 12+ inlet to the fuse panel back there and hooked my ground straight to the battery.
i then managed to slip and short between + and ground. rear camera/front driverside lumbar support/sound system/ rear window controls/radio signal no longer works. None of the fuses in the fusebox are blown though.
W205 doesn't have a battery in the rear, the C350e might have the hybrid battery in there? If you hooked it up to it I'd suggest taking the car back to the dealer/automotive electrician, messing with those systems is never wise.
Old 04-26-2022, 03:14 AM

c350e 2017
Originally Posted by PaulR7
W205 doesn't have a battery in the rear, the C350e might have the hybrid battery in there? If you hooked it up to it I'd suggest taking the car back to the dealer/automotive electrician, messing with those systems is never wise.
nevermind. I just assumed the rear fusebox got power from the battery in the trunk. But iguess it gets power from the front one? Would be weird tho
Old 04-26-2022, 05:42 PM

W205
nevermind. I just assumed the rear fusebox got power from the battery in the trunk. But iguess it gets power from the front one? Would be weird tho
There is no battery in the trunk though, all power in the car is provided by the battery in the engine bay and/or the supercapacitor behind the passenger footwell foam insert.
What exactly did you hook up the subwoofer to? What ground did you use (because it won't be battery as there isn't one in the back)?
It sounds to me like you might have shorted the whole rear sam in which case you'd need a replacement and coding of it, find a local MB specific shop or take it to a dealer as coding these cars isn't a trivial matter and to code the SAM to the specs of the car you'd need online SCN coding.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:48 PM

c350e 2017
There is no battery in the trunk though, all power in the car is provided by the battery in the engine bay and/or the supercapacitor behind the passenger footwell foam insert.
What exactly did you hook up the subwoofer to? What ground did you use (because it won't be battery as there isn't one in the back)?
It sounds to me like you might have shorted the whole rear sam in which case you'd need a replacement and coding of it, find a local MB specific shop or take it to a dealer as coding these cars isn't a trivial matter and to code the SAM to the specs of the car you'd need online SCN coding.
thanks for the feedback. The problem was WAY less critical than i thought. I thought what you said, that u f'ed up the whole car. I hooked it up to the positive on the trunk fusebox. It blew a 40a fuse in the passenger footwell pre-fuse box. Easy fix.
The following users liked this post:
PaulR7 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 06:13 PM

W205
thanks for the feedback. The problem was WAY less critical than i thought. I thought what you said, that u f'ed up the whole car. I hooked it up to the positive on the trunk fusebox. It blew a 40a fuse in the passenger footwell pre-fuse box. Easy fix.
Lucky you, shorted it before the SAM, you can do what you tried to do but make sure to ground it on the specific ground points that are all around the boot and maybe use a fuse slot that has nothing in it already.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:33 PM

c350e 2017
Lucky you, shorted it before the SAM, you can do what you tried to do but make sure to ground it on the specific ground points that are all around the boot and maybe use a fuse slot that has nothing in it already.
yep! Just replaced the blown fuse and powered it the way i was going to. Super nice to have power/ground/signal from the stock amp all in the trunk. Easy to set up a sub in there without any loong cables n stuff