C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Complete Electronics Power Loss after switching off vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class Estate W205
Complete Electronics Power Loss after switching off vehicle

Hi,

I own a 2016 c class W205 estate. I have an intermittent issue on the car where after switching off the ignition all electronics and lights switch off.
It is as if the battery is complete dead.
The first time this happened, I jumped started the car using one of those jump starting power banks.
The vehicle started with multiple malfunctions, i drove for a km then switched off the ignition and started again and everything was fine(all errors reset).

I tested the battery at a battery center and they confirmed the battery is in good health.

When the issue issue happened again, i tested the battery voltage with a multimeter and voltage was 12.5V which implies the battery was fine.
I checked the battery terminals and there is no corrosion and everything seems fine. I then switched on the ignition again and all lights and electronics came on.

The issue is random and thus far only happened when i switched the ignition off after the vehicle was running.

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to diagnose the problem? What can i check the next time it happens to help me find the root cause?