C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

More annoying noises, creaking or rattle on stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300
More annoying noises, creaking or rattle on stop

I haven't been able to capture this on video but hoping someone else has experienced something similar, this one is really weird

When stopping, right after I've stopped occasionally there's this noise from either the dash or passenger footwell area that sounds like a creaking with 3 taps - every time it's like 3 taps, never 2, 4, etc always 3. Here's the other kicker, if I'm slowing down and about to come to a stop but not actually stop, I never ever hear the noise, only after coming to a complete stop. The other issue is it's not consistent, sometimes I'll do a soft braking, and noise, sometimes not, same with a hard braking, sometimes the noise is there, sometimes it's not

I can't properly explain it for the dealer to pinpoint it

Car is just over 4 years old and has 77k km on it, really turning me off on ever buying another MB with the amount of rattles and noises