C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Navi Add? Non-MultiMedia Pckg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 12:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
None
Navi Add? Non-MultiMedia Pckg

Hi great minds!
My 21 C300 (W205) has a “Navi” button but no Navigation app in the central display. The car doesn’t have the factory Multimedia package.
Similarly, “Navigation” appears as a choice in the digital gauge cluster (between the Speedo & tach). The car has the rotary controller but not the touchpad. Is it possible to add MB Navi via the SD slot? I’m currently using Apple CarPlay, but sometimes the built-in system is nice too (& can sometimes do better lane guidance on larger roads). Just curious if anyone knew if adding MB Navi might be an option, and how (equipment Vs SD card or other?).

Total transparency: This is my first forum experience, and I attempted to search the W205 section for this topic but wasn’t successful, so if my question is a duplicate and/or in the wrong place I greatly apologize!

Old 08-18-2022, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Depends. MB has two Navi options for the W205. The COMAND navigation with online services as part of the multimedia package and an entry level navigation via SD card. For the latter, the car needs to be ordered with the SD card navigation preparation. Don't remember the option code, but it should appear on your build sheet and the Monroney Sticker if your car has it. Once that is confirmed then you can buy the SD card from your dealer's parts department. They will give you the correct one based on your VIN. If you know exactly which one you need, then there are also several online sources where you can buy it for less money. The SD card will contain the navigation software along with the map database. It isn't as rich as the COMAND navigation and doesn't have online services such as live traffic, online map updates etc. With the COMAND navigation for example you can search for POIs online and even send destinations directly from your phone to the car, and have live traffic so it can re-route and alert you of upcoming traffic events. The latter is actually pretty cool. Even if I'm not actively navigating it announces if I'm approach traffic congestion on the current road, so I can take an alternate route.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-18-2022 at 03:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
Mike0Ryan (12-18-2022), TxBenzGuy (08-18-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 10:42 AM

None
SD & Command

Thank you for highlighting the differences in the SD vs Command. I will check the sticker but I believe the car is equipped with the SD prep.
As for Command, Is that software I can download? Or hardware? Both?
I know the car is equipped with the MercedesMe app and on-car modem, but if I send an address from phone to car, there isn’t any place in the car to retrieve the address. My dealership parts dept wasn’t able to help me - three guys at the counter didn’t know where or what to look up to help me add navigation.
I appreciate the support!
Old 08-27-2022, 02:25 AM

None
Just a quick update. I couldn’t find anything about the SD navigation on my window sticker, but found a dealer willing to sell (& offer refund) for the SD nav. It did not work in my car, but I did get the money back.
the car has a navigation menu selection in the digital gauge cluster, but doesn’t have navigation as an option on the Home Screen in the central display, but does have the “Navi” button on the console.
I appreciate the help everyone! Probably won’t be getting it but grateful for the help. Next time: double checking this before buying an on-the-lot car.