C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Airmatic Suspension Over-Inflates, Malfunction Indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Airmatic Suspension Over-Inflates, Malfunction Indicator

I’ve been having issues with my Airmatic suspension. I was losing night on the car when it was parked, and suspected a leak. Ended up replacing a rear bellow and the entire front passenger air spring. It fixed the lowering issue. However, I’m having an issue now with the suspension raising the car above its maximum height, making the ride extremely bumpy. When this happens, I get a Malfunction indication on the instrument cluster. I can switch to Sport+ mode and it will lower while driving, but eventually it will inflate fully again. I have no leaks in the system. The car will stay at full height indefinitely. When I get the malfunction, I can turn the car off, restart it, and the car will lower. But then it will raise again. It’s happening in all four wheels. I wonder if it’s a level sensor, but also wonder if it is a bad sensor, why it would be happening on all four wheels. Fuses and relays are good. Just need a direction to go to trouble shoot. Everything I am reading is based on components failing, and the car losing height, and can’t find anything on over-inflating. Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-19-2022, 01:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
smart money say get a scan then fix the fault-------your FUYAA wont work