C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C180 Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E-Class 220 CDI coupe
2015 C180 Questions

Hello all,

We've been given a C180 2015MY with the luxury package (wheels, front grille and other bits and bobs will be changed down the line) and I'd like to ask a few questions regarding this car.

1. First off the wrist pin issue - the car was built 03/15, even though it's a c180 does the car still have the same problem? It's done just over 60k miles (105k km)

2. The God awful Audio 20 system - I have read all the threads regarding upgrading as I want Android Auto and still don't know whether there's a system that's plug and play and that doesn't need to keep switching back and forth via AUX, I want something that works seamlessly with the controls etc. I'll be upgrading the speakers and more than likely be buying the Match DSP amp with wiring harness.

3. Wheels/tyres - it's on the multispoke 17inch rims at the mo and I hate the look of them, the car also has the run flats and to be honest, the car crashes all over the place with them and they have to go. What tyre recommendations would you give, looking for 19s at least.

4. Mercedes Me - I'm trying to register the car on the web but it keeps on telling me that the VIN is not valid in my country (Turkey), even though the online VIN decoders clearly say that the car was first registered here. Is there a workaround? Do I need to take the car to the dealers? I have downloaded the app for my phone and I think it's registered on there (even though it doesn't show on my web browser) but when I tap the car icon it's just blank. God knows what's happening.

5.Bodykit - I like the look of the AMG kit, would it be better to buy original parts (for ease of fitting) or shall I get an eBay jobbo? The car always goes to the dealer for any work and I don't want them to say that I've done something and for them to refuse to work on the car.

6. Squeaks and rattles - more of a vent than a question. Deary me this car rattles and squeaks like no other car I've owned. My W204 C200 Kompressor is built like a tank compared to this and even after 150k miles was still solid, Hunting down these rattles is going to take a while.

Thanks all!