C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Aftermarket interior RGB lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 W205 2016
Aftermarket interior RGB lights

Hello. Recently I bought my w205 2016 and it was without an interior RGB lights. I want to upgrade though, cause I like the way it looks with those.

The thing is, that when I scrolled through the car menu, I wasn't able to find anything on this topic, so I'm not sure if the car supports it. When looking for aftermarket kits, there are some, which also include some modules. I'm not sure whether those modules make the car understand that there is RGB lights or I should also reprogram the ECU or something for that.

There are services which do this job, but I want to do it myself, because they request for extra 300 for the menu upgrade, which I don't think is necessary.

Has anyone done this? Do you know if that step is required? Any information you can provide is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2023, 05:34 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
What are rgb lights? You mean the ambient lighting?
Old 01-24-2023, 01:24 AM

C300 W205 2016
Yeah something like these kits. I want to buy the full package.
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=KmFNtXK
Old 01-24-2023, 10:13 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...35VvmDKf1BPmBF

Watch these videos. This will help you with how to install and where to buy! I have this kit and works perfectly even though my car isnt programmed for Ambient Lighting. Many of the members in here also have used/use this kit!
Old 01-24-2023, 02:59 PM

C300 W205 2016
Thanks for your suggestion, actually the idea of installing the ambient lighting came from those videos I watched even before getting my car.

A couple of things though.
First, the link in the description doesn't lead to the actual product page but to the shop's page, where I couldn't find the product.
Second, I see him changing the brightness and the colors from the steering wheel, not from the screen or a menu. Is it the way it is supposed to work?

Another question about this product. He connects the main wiring harness to the OBDII port. So, if you want the ambient lights, you lose the OBDII port, correct?
Old 01-24-2023, 03:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
Alright so couple things,

1) If you want the menu screen on your actual screen, then you'll need to get it programmed into you car. There is a company that does this wirelessly. I personally didn't do this but they are a reputable company. They're call MBHouse. https://www.mbhouse.ca/ They are based in Canada. You'll have to talk to them about getting them to send you the dongle for them to code your vehicle to activate the lighting menu. (Again, I dont have this feature nor have I used them)

2) Product Link from DMP Car Designs: https://www.dmpcardes********/interi...t-outlet-turbo

3) I bought this kit from DMP. I control the light (Colors/brightness) using the steering controls. BUT their new updated kit controls the lights (colors/brightness) using the side mirror controls. (it would just be another connector to connect into the door panel whenever youre working on the door ambient lighting)

4) Correct, he's using the OBD port but the kit comes with male/female connector for the OBD port. So basically you make the connection at the OBD port but the other end will have an identical OBD port, which ultimately would be used as your "new" OBD port.

Hopefully that all helps or makes sense.
The following users liked this post:
arsdever (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 03:45 PM

C300 W205 2016
Thanks for the details. I believe you covered all the questions I had.