C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Passenger side electric seat not functioning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 01:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ML350 BlueTec W166 - C250d W205 - GLC250d - C43
Passenger side electric seat not functioning

Form previous results I have found a similar thread, I have tried the steps as described without any luck. That thread is a bit old to continue on. If anyone has some advice it would be very much appreciated. The seat controls don't move the seat at all, is seems there is no power to the control unit as the illumination around the controller is not lighting up. I have swapped out the control unit with my wife's GLC and vice versa, they both function normally. I have checked all the fuses and double checked with a multimeter that the fuses are in tact. I have unplugged and re plugged the cable harnesses from the seat power control unit under the seat a couple of time, this seems to have solved the issue in the previous thread but I have had no such luck. I have checked all the plug pins and there is no sign of short circuits of burns. The last thing I can do is to remove the seat power control unit and replace with the one from the GLC to test. Only issue I can foresee is that the units are not the same as I don't have heated and ventilated seats while my wife's GLC has that. Note this is a RHD vehicle - 2018 C250d. I don't have access to diagnostics, If there is a fault code I will need have to reset at a dealer. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
most probably