C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Panoramic Sunroof issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 07:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S AMG
Panoramic Sunroof issue

Hi guys, I've read most of the topics on this issue. I need some help. W205 2015 Car had a service in 2020 and they replaced both rails and had the headliner removed an all. I opened the runroof maybe like 2 or 3 times since 2020 since COVID and I had the car sitting for a long time. I did hear a noise like a snap, but very weird because the rails where new. The runroof opens fully on one side and also the roof attempts to slide back but is halted by the safety features. The passenger side roof side wont tilt in the rear.

How do I get the glass off with the screws holding it underneath if I can't tilt the passenger side. I tried pushing a pressing the glass from the inside and bumping it and nothing. Its closing perfectly, just wont tilt on the passenger. I'm quite handy and already seen many videos on the internet of the full disassemble. I'm wondering is there anything I can do to try to lift the glass edge? I do I know if its seized or broken? what are my options.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5743.MOV (15.17 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by Juniorp187; 07-27-2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S AMG
I saw this video
, where the installers did not replace the rails and did not require programming if im not mistaken. It looks like they got spare parts or order parts for it and rebuild it completely. These are some of the comment notes

"Hello! it is Romanian, but through this video I try to help understand the defect and the repair without using words. to repair the defect in the clip, the slide that actuates the rear part must be replaced, it is a 50 cm long piece with plastic ends, dismantle the interior padding, carefully loosen the screws that fix the slides, then you can disassemble the skates from the outside. for this you need to dismantle the motor that drives the whole assembly! boost!"