C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Can someone identify this part for me. Fuel Leak???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 c300
Can someone identify this part for me. Fuel Leak???

Can someone please tell me what this is. My car recently started smelling of gas during start up, goes away after running for a moment. Smell is worse when car has been sitting for a while. Seems to be coming from the circle part in picture attached.

What is this?
Old 08-02-2023, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 c300 sport
Hello this is not the problem.....i have the solution.

Originally Posted by See300cj
Can someone please tell me what this is. My car recently started smelling of gas during start up, goes away after running for a moment. Smell is worse when car has been sitting for a while. Seems to be coming from the circle part in picture attached.

What is this?
i fixed the issue for $1.15 here in Montreal, Canada. Mercedes stealership was billing for over $900.00 ...this is a known issue and a letter was issued in USA extending warranties foe this issue to 10 years 150.000 miles if I recall well......but here in Canada even if the car is assemble is Alabama Mercedes Canada said to me that I jave to pay cause that leeter is only USA.lol
Old 08-02-2023, 12:15 PM

2016 c300 sport
Fuel leak

Its not really a leak it is what they call weeping. It comes from the hose that goes onto the fuel pump.Fuel pump cover is what is circle in red on the picture. Its really not a big deal. I m not a mechanic and I fixed it with $9.99 set of torque tools I bought at amazon. Regards
Al

P.S.: If you dont want ro do it yourself I can try to find copy of that letter with extended warranty which runs for 2015 to 2017 2.0L turbo Cseries Eseries and SUVS

Last edited by Mamoue01; 08-02-2023 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
See300cj (08-07-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 12:53 PM

2015 c300
Warranty

Wow, thank you so much. Yes the mercedes dealer near me I dislike going to. Any chance you would still have the warranty copy just to take a look at. I will also check it online if I can locate it. Big help. I could not find anything online about this. Thank you so much
Old 08-02-2023, 01:30 PM

2016 c300 sport
Post removed by mistake.

Sorry

I hope you got my pictures with instructions but if you dont want ro botter doing it here is the letter from Mercedes USA.

fixed it with a mini collar like the one for the dryer but I had to cut the defective collar which is called a clicker....the metal of the clicker is dilating when not in use or cold weather overnight. I just cut it with my Dremmel and replace it with that mini collar if you do it yourself you have to open fuel cap unless pressure inside the line will make the fuel pump leaking when you disconnect the tube to enter the mini collar. You will see if you remove fuel pump protector that under the cover it will be yellowished and white powdery meaning the leak is right there!! I ve enclosed pictures of everything. The collar can be bought ar Carquest for $1.00 or 2.00. Picture of clicker that can be cut with pliers . Be carefull not to cut the hose. And you have 4 torque screws ...2 of them are aside the firewall reason Im using that kit because my ratchets wont go . Pls dont drop the torque key down the bottom.

Regards

Al

Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by Mamoue01; 08-02-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:20 AM

2015 c300
Thank you again. You were right about the warranty.

Just would like to thank you again. I took the information about the warranty info you provided, called up Mercedes and they told me to come in and it would be fixed for free. I'm confused as to why they wouldn't let you know about a vechile you own not getting something like this fixed. I have been to the dealership three times in last year, and no mention. I wonder how many others I am missing.

Thank you again, i would have never figured this out of it was not for you info.

Originally Posted by Mamoue01
Its not really a leak it is what they call weeping. It comes from the hose that goes onto the fuel pump.Fuel pump cover is what is circle in red on the picture. Its really not a big deal. I m not a mechanic and I fixed it with $9.99 set of torque tools I bought at amazon. Regards
Al

P.S.: If you dont want ro do it yourself I can try to find copy of that letter with extended warranty which runs for 2015 to 2017 2.0L turbo Cseries Eseries and SUVS