C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
View Poll Results: What should I do
Go with OEM Rotors and Pads
50.00%
Go with aftermarket rotors and pads
50.00%
Check the suspension
0%
Don’t do anything
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Brake Replacements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Brake Replacements

Hey everyone,

I have the squeakiest brakes I’ve ever heard and they’ve been driving me crazy the last month or so. I’ve been told by mechanics to go OEM if I want the squeak gone but 1 I’m not even sure if the squeak is only the brakes I suspect the suspension arms because it squeaks faintly when I’m not applying the brakes as well and 2 I don’t want to spend over a thousand on rotors just to have the squeak go away and pads from mercedes so I was wondering if someone out there had replaced their rotors aftermarket and had no noise after and didn’t spend over a thousand on them. I’ve seen kits like the one FCP Euro offers and I’m thinking of going with them. If anyone could help that would be awesome.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0731.mov (13.17 MB, 20 views)
Old 08-09-2023, 10:21 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2019 CLS450 (C257)
In your video, did that screeching sound appear as you were braking?

to keep costs low, have your mechanic check the rotor for straightness first (it depends on how long you had your car/rotors, and mileage).... and perhaps switch over to aftermarket ceramic brakes. I personally use Powerstop brake pads, they are not expensive, have significantly lesser dust and are quiet when braking compared to the original pads.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by dagger22
In your video, did that screeching sound appear as you were braking?

to keep costs low, have your mechanic check the rotor for straightness first (it depends on how long you had your car/rotors, and mileage).... and perhaps switch over to aftermarket ceramic brakes. I personally use Powerstop brake pads, they are not expensive, have significantly lesser dust and are quiet when braking compared to the original pads.
When I first bought the car the brakes were squeaking but progressively got worse as time went on and started squeaking while turning right and now just when i’m driving off and on. Currently the brakes on the car are aftermarket and a mechanic I had the car inspected at today claimed it was only the brakes even that the squeak while driving was the brakes and then said saving a couple hundred to replace them with new aftermarket parts wouldn’t fix the squeak and the only way to do it would be to go with OEM parts
Old 08-11-2023, 10:15 AM

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
I have Power stop rotors and Akebono Euro pads on both my C400s, zero squeal.