C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 4matic Oil leak after Serpentine belt shred

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
2015 C300 4matic Oil leak after Serpentine belt shred

My wife was driving the car and the Serpentine belt broke, she pulled over and called me. I bought a new belt and grabbed some tools then drove over to where she stopped. I replaced the belt and she was able to get it home but in limp mode. The old belt had damaged the wiring harness that attaches to a sensor on the lower left side front of the crank wheel and I can't seem to figure out what that sensor is as no digram I've found depicts any info about it. I also seem to have an oil leak that I can't locate. I've taken out all the hoses and pipes at the front that have quick disconnects. Pretty much anything that obstructed my view was removed. I cleaned up all the sprayed oil and wiped everything up then left it for a couple days. I then went and inspected everything to see if I could locate the source but can't seem to find anything that sticks out. all the sensors were dry before I wiped everything and the crank seal is intact and bone dry. oil seems to have sprayed on to the Serpentine and got everywhere in the front area of the engine. can anyone help me identify the sensor and possible locations for oil to leak at the front as the sides and back of the engine are clear and dry. the car is in limp mode. I've attached a photo of the sensor circled in red.
I did notice that there seemed to be an excessive amount of oil inside the charge air cooler which was about a 1/4 cup worth when I drained it.

Last edited by Greesh; 08-30-2023 at 04:34 PM.