C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 Tire longevity and alignment (cost)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C300
C300 Tire longevity and alignment (cost)

Hi All, my C300 was at the dealer this week for a PCV valve replacement (thank you extended warranty) and during the inspection they told me I needed tires. I didn't quite need them yet, but I knew they were getting a little low and I was able to get $250 in rebates if I bought before the end of the month so I did it after some quick shopping around and realizing the dealer wasn't really any more expensive than tire rack or the local tire shops.

My question is--- My tires didn't last long at all. 20-30K miles. They had even wear and drive calmly 95% of the time. I had continental pro contact GX SSRs and they supposedly have a 55K mile warranty, but after reading reviews and talking to the dealership, it seems like these tires are only good for 25-30K miles. Has anyone else noticed the C300 eat through tires? Is it just because the car is so heavy? I decided to change to Pirelli Cinturato P7s as they were a bit cheaper and significantly better reviews while still being OEM.

Since I got all new tires I also got an alignment which was $249 and I was a little surprised how expensive it was (although I haven't gotten an alignment in a while so I didn't really know) I was even more shocked when I called another dealer and they said an alignment was $359! So how much is everyone paying for an alignment nowadays?

Thanks all!