C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

CarPlay audio out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2024 | 04:18 PM

w205
CarPlay audio out

I’ve fitted a Road Top CarPlay encoder to my HK head unit and so far very happy with how it performs, especially with TomTom Navigation which is a breath of fresh air over the Mercedes command. I enabled Aux In using a dongle so I can now select it as a media option but was unable to get it to work so resorted to using the supplied converter into the USB ports. My problem as others have noticed in the many CarPlay installation threads is that you can’t output Navigation instructions via the USB and listen to the standard radio, the only way I found was to use CarPlay Internet Radio (which uses data) but then it’s tricky getting the internet radio and navigation sound output at the same level. I’ll fiddle on some more and see if I can persuade the Aux to work but some had mentioned fitting a separate speaker for CarPlay sound, has anyone recommendations?