C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Left Driver Light -Low Beam Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 04:42 PM

Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
Left Driver Light -Low Beam Not Working

Hello all, so after many months of not having my Left Lower Beam working, it decided to started working but would blink like crazy. At the time of the lower beam not working, their was not codes but now there is a code. The error I get is Left Headlamp Module Shorted Out and now my Adaptive Lights stopped adapting though they still work. I also see this code B17ED11 Low Beam has Malfunctioned.

I am thinking that it's just the LED module on the bottom of my light. I had this thought that this may be problem for the future as my lights would often retain condensation and Benz told me that this was normal and that the lights would clear it up. I can see the fans are running, the voltage is still live on both modules and I also see the temperature in each light. I have also noticed there is a counters which tells me that maybe the Active LED have to shelf live of use.

Anyways, has anyone else have this problem and replaced the module on their light without issues? I am thinking that I may go down that road since a light replacement is $2500 per side.
Old 06-03-2024, 09:19 AM

Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
No help..???

Okay, well I had to use my MBII to look at my lights as everything got worse. My Right Light failed to turn on but after some time I found it was a burnt fuse connected to Circuit 30.

Now I've noticing that the fan on my right light does not seem to come on, so I'm thinking it maybe another problem but I skipped that for the moment.

I found out what has happened to my Left Side LED module which is the control module.

As you can see in the picture, this is the module number however I have found the defect in this piece. It's were the connections are made.. here is what I think happened.

Back in the day, I advised MB of condensation in my lights... they advise me that over time it would go away. What I have come to find out is that MB should have removed my lights and installed "Desiccant" packs into another access cover "I have found on eBay", which holds that packs. It's clear that the design of the lights are poorly design so condensation is the enemy to the module... mostly the module on the bottom.

As you can see I found water damage on the bottom module... MB never installed any desiccant bags into my lights so this is the end result. I was my car often to keep it in good looking shape but I would never have thought that all this condensation would do this kind of damage.

It's not beyond repair but instead I found a new module from a UK company which sells the module for less than MB does even though it's the same module. In fact, I ordered the newest module which has a different module number but I have also sound that even with the new module, there is no different except MB change the module number for 2018 + cars.

Being that I now know why the bottom module failed, I removed the module from my right side light and seal it with RTV all around the connectors so as to block any and all water from ever entering the module. I also opened the module on my right side, which had the same module name and number, and noticed no damage on the module so I'm not sure what bent the fuse. I have replaced the fuse twice and it looks like it's holding now since we have had no rain in todays.

Once I get the other module, I will install it after I RTV it. I will ask MB to program the module, since it looks like they are the only ones which can do this, maybe MBhouse but I have not asked them yet.

Next is to find out how much this Desiccant covers are going to cost and maybe if I can do it myself, I will do it.