C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2016 C300 Parking Brake Inoperable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 11:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1998 SL 500
2016 C300 Parking Brake Inoperable

I am really pulling my hair out on this one, what little hair there is left these days. I had a brake inoperable that I solved by changing the electronic module of the caliper. That shut off the incessant beeping, but I still have the inoperable red screen. I hooked up the scanner and I am able to exercise the parking brake both in and out. everything looks good, and I can put it in change pad position and back out with no problem. The error code I am getting is C100B52 said it was not put back into service. I think I am missing something but I cannot think what. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-25-2024, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1998 SL 500
Red face Come on whiz kids ...

I have to believe that I am not the first person in the entire world to have this problem. So ... I have the yellow parking brake light and I have a red alarm screen that says Parking Brake Inoperable. From all indications it is operating correctly except for that nagging alarm. After changing the rear pads, I had the see operator's manual screen and after playing with it for a while, I found that the electronic brake module was bad and I replaced that. That fix stopped the incessant beeping but I still have the light and red screen that says parking brake inoperative. When I push the brake button, the parking brake engages and when I pull it the parking brake disengages. On my scanner it looks like everything is operating hunky dory. But it gives me a code C100B52 and says module not put back in service. That leads me to believe that it may think it is in change pad position. But from the scanner, I can put it in change position and put it back in normal mode and it moves in both directions.

So, does anyone know from where that inoperable signal is derived or how it actually works. Is there perhaps something I did not do when replacing the module on the caliper to complete the installation? Any and all help is appreciated because I am about to pull out all of my remaining hair over this problem.