C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

[PLEASE HELP] Ambient Light Install W205 2019 C43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Question [PLEASE HELP] Ambient Light Install W205 2019 C43 Coupe

Hi guys, new here - basically I got a really nice 2019 C43 that was fully loaded.... other than ambient lights. Since it's really dark at night and all my previous cars had Ambient Lighting, I was kind of upset that it didn't have it. So I got the ambient lighting kit from DPM Auto Design (a company that makes these OEM-like kits and is pretty famous).

Problem is, all of the videos I've watched are for pre-facelift C43 W205s which looked really simple and plug-and-play because it drew power from the door panel plugs and connected to the Control Module to the OBD port.

Turns out.. the face-lift version doesn't do that. The facelift version "doesn't need OBD port connection" as they put it. Issue is their "solution" is more complicated, at least based on what I see. The new control module has to be connected to the battery which requreres removing the right-hand passenger side panel and going underneath the carpet and putting various wires into various locations. Then there's the issue of how the hell it's supposed to run into the other wiring without being seen.

On top of that, the door panel ambient lights now have pins that have to be connected somehow inside of the tube housing of the door and not simply the door panel.

I'm a fairly intelligent person and have worked on small things on the interior of my prior cars but this is completely confusing to me, the instructions (I have attached) are not helpful, detailed, or descriptive. The company is from Malaysia and while their support is responsive, it's not detailed like a video or a long step-by-step guide. I have also attached a photo of the controle module and am confused about the "Fuse" part, etc.

Has anyone installed the DPM Ambient lighting kit in a FACELIFT W205 with this kit before? Your help would be much appreciated and if anyone knows someone in the California Bay Area who can install this, I'm happy to pay for it to be done. (If anyone who can help needs additional photos or info, I can and will provide it), Thank you!

Old 07-05-2024, 12:45 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2018 c300 s205
not familiar with this kit but have you tried to contact seller, they may be able to help you out or try searching the AMG c43 forums im sure others have done this mod.

here's a link that may help 🤷🏽‍♂️
https://chalinzhao.blogspot.com/2017...light-for.html

Old 07-05-2024, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Amg C43
Is it the same light kit for fl & pfl?
I ordered mine off Amazon and had a friend install it. I wish I could help more but mine is 2020 c43 and he didn’t say it gave him any big problems. Lots of guys have installed these kits keep bumping your thread and search the c43 pages. You’ll find what u need
hope you get it finished soon