C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Timing or Alt.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 W205
Timing or Alt.

Hi Gang,

Please put my mind to rest. Here is the deal:
  • Had the car out yesterday. Pulled over to check my emails.
  • Car shut off so naturally I thought it was the eco engine shutdown. It was not.
  • Put it in park and tried to start it. It cranked the starter several times to no avail.
  • Tried again, it cranked several times and there was a loud screeching that shook the car.
  • This time it completely died. The screen listed almost every every sensor had failed and strangely said "There is no power!!!" (Or something odd you wouldn't expect an MB to yell at you) then nothing was on.
  • Can't even unlock it without the manual key.
  • As you can imagine my anxiety is through the roof thinking it is somehow the turbo, timing or internals. I briefly looked and I don't see any broken or snapped belts.
So I got it towed home for now as I can do some of my own mechanical work. The tow driver boosted it and it did crank again which I imagine rules out timing failure.

These damn cars are expensive to repair so is it safe to say it is just my alternator?

Any incite is hilariously appreciated.

Thanks,

-James

Last edited by Weered; 07-05-2024 at 12:44 PM.