C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Panoramic Sunroof Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2024 | 08:43 PM

Nada
Panoramic Sunroof Issue

Been reading horror stories all day but I figured I'd give it a shot here, pano sunroof decided to start having issues today. It'll close only into the vent position. Fiddled around with it a short time ago and it appears that the back left hinge/arm is jammed or locked. The right arm goes into position to lower the roof but reverts back to the vent position. I suppose I'm lucky it's not closing the right backside all the way doing likely more damage.

Seems like the consensus is this has to go to the dealer and it's ranged between a 2-5k job. My best bet for myself its to hit the joint with compressed air and if anything is just stuck in there, it will loosen up and my problem is solved. we all know that won't be the case..anyone have any suggestions or is it worth my time to bite the bullet and pay for the repair?
Old 08-28-2024 | 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by rjpoteet
Been reading horror stories all day but I figured I'd give it a shot here, pano sunroof decided to start having issues today. It'll close only into the vent position. Fiddled around with it a short time ago and it appears that the back left hinge/arm is jammed or locked. The right arm goes into position to lower the roof but reverts back to the vent position. I suppose I'm lucky it's not closing the right backside all the way doing likely more damage.

Seems like the consensus is this has to go to the dealer and it's ranged between a 2-5k job. My best bet for myself its to hit the joint with compressed air and if anything is just stuck in there, it will loosen up and my problem is solved. we all know that won't be the case..anyone have any suggestions or is it worth my time to bite the bullet and pay for the repair?
Good luck. Don’t assume the worst. It may be easy.