C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Problem with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2024 | 06:23 AM

Problem with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus

Hey
Mercedes recently updated my high beam assist to the new high beams that stay on but block off incoming cars in contrast to shutting completely off if a car comes. I had a few issues with the old system so Mercedes gave me the upgrade for free under warranty. However yesterday when i tried it, I saw the lights blocking of the drivers, but most cars still flashed back at me, meaning that I flashed them with the high beams. Is there anyway to change back to the old high beam assist or fix the flashing other drivers. It works decent on highways but not on small country roads where jt should just turn off.
thanks
Old 09-08-2024 | 08:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Tim.msr
Hey
Mercedes recently updated my high beam assist to the new high beams that stay on but block off incoming cars in contrast to shutting completely off if a car comes. I had a few issues with the old system so Mercedes gave me the upgrade for free under warranty. However yesterday when i tried it, I saw the lights blocking of the drivers, but most cars still flashed back at me, meaning that I flashed them with the high beams. Is there anyway to change back to the old high beam assist or fix the flashing other drivers. It works decent on highways but not on small country roads where jt should just turn off.
thanks
That is strange, I have never heard that type of complaint with MB's adaptive high beam assist plus, I wonder if it was a calibration issue, I guess get your dealership to look into it. If they do it correctly, high beam assist plus is a game changer and such a nice thing to have on dark country roads.

In the meantime, you could turn off adaptive high beam assist plus manually by switching the light switch on the bottom left from auto to the high beam area, that way it only turns on highbeam when you push the stalk forward and turns off when lifted back, there is no auto anymore in that mode.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...mUHAamRDhsMA&s
The following users liked this post:
trigital (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024 | 08:25 AM

W213 All-terrain
I would request mechanical adjustment for the headlights at any workshop.
Old 09-08-2024 | 11:29 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Tim.msr
Hey
thanks

we can code that for you
and much more