C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Rear headliner panel rattling help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2024, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c300
Rear headliner panel rattling help!

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a rattling noise coming from the rear headliner panel of my 2017 C300 4MATIC whenever I go over bumps. It sounds like it’s coming from the panel itself, and it’s quite annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas on how to address it? I’ve attached a video of the noise for reference.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: mov
1111.mov (583.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-21-2024, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 4matic
Yes!

Originally Posted by MUSTslient
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a rattling noise coming from the rear headliner panel of my 2017 C300 4MATIC whenever I go over bumps. It sounds like it’s coming from the panel itself, and it’s quite annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas on how to address it? I’ve attached a video of the noise for reference.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! New member here.
I was experiencing this EXACT problem.I also have a 2017 C300 4matic. Turns out that the rear passenger side retractable grab handle has loose hardware. Apparently whoever was attaching those in Alabama wasn't paying close attention. Apparently this is a common issue (according to my local dealer). The headliner will need to be dropped down and then they should be able to find the loose hardware and reattach it.

It sounds like a rattling sound coming from the headliner in the rear of the car. Only when it goes over bumps and around corners...and only sometimes. My dealer did it at no charge while they had the car for other maintenance. They may be willing to do it for free for you, I don't know your relationship with your dealer.