w206 - c300de - Back end noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300de
w206 - c300de - Back end noise

Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

I own a c300de van I belive the code is w206, still under warranty.

The issue i'm facing is when driving normally the car handles fine and makes no noises regurarly.
When for some reason the front end gets lower than the back end the back end makes a squeaking noise.
If i drive above 10/kph on a traditional stone road like "roman roads(don't know the english name)" the squeaking is consistent from both wheels at the back.

I took the car to the shop under warranty they drove with me and also agree and ear noise from both wheels.

The checked all the suspension and tell me there is no danger to drive the car, but they can't identify where the noise comes from. At this point they tell me they will get a "noise machine" so they can see where the noise comes from, and assured me that they checked every suspension part and all is fitted and bolted correctly.

My questions are:
Do I have any chance of this noise going away with the machine they are bringing ?
Anyone had a similar issue or idea of what could it me ?

Thank you

Last edited by repije; 10-01-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 366 Likes on 303 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
What year is your MB? W206 is for the next generation C class that doesn't go on sale in the U.S. until next year. I think you might have a W205. You can find the W205 section by scrolling down the main forum page.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,967 Likes on 3,119 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by repije
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

I own a c300de van I belive the code is w206, still under warranty.

The issue i'm facing is when driving normally the car handles fine and makes no noises regurarly.
When for some reason the front end gets lower than the back end the back end makes a squeaking noise.
If i drive above 10/kph on a traditional stone road like "roman roads(don't know the english name)" the squeaking is consistent from both wheels at the back.

I took the car to the shop under warranty they drove with me and also agree and ear noise from both wheels.

The checked all the suspension and tell me there is no danger to drive the car, but they can't identify where the noise comes from. At this point they tell me they will get a "noise machine" so they can see where the noise comes from, and assured me that they checked every suspension part and all is fitted and bolted correctly.

My questions are:
Do I have any chance of this noise going away with the machine they are bringing ?
Anyone had a similar issue or idea of what could it me ?

Thank you
@repije In which market/country are you located?
Old 10-03-2021, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300de
I'm in Portugal / Europe, but last post is correct it is a W205, it's from year 2020.

I already made a post in W205 also, could not find the delete button here
The following users liked this post:
chassis (10-03-2021)