W206 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Tommytheduck
Hey everyone! Picked up my C300 2 weeks ago and excited to join the group. Here's a few pics, but I'm going to remove those pesky rear badges soon enough, haha.
Looks beautiful! Is that the Sienna interior? Mind posting some interior pics?
Old 07-12-2022, 04:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
W206
Originally Posted by js_cls
Looks beautiful! Is that the Sienna interior? Mind posting some interior pics?
Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I gotta admit I kinda like it. (Would have gone with Black if I had spec'd it) Also, the Metal Weave looks way better IRL than in pictures, especially the low-res pics that my dealer had.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tommytheduck:
AR_motorwerkz (07-14-2022), js_cls (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I gotta admit I kinda like it. (Would have gone with Black if I had spec'd it) Also, the Metal Weave looks way better IRL than in pictures, especially the low-res pics that my dealer had.
Trust me this is way better than a boring black interior. Looks gorgeous.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:58 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Hey everyone! Picked up my C300 2 weeks ago and excited to join the group. Here's a few pics, but I'm going to remove those pesky rear badges soon enough, haha.
is that MBtex or leather?
Old 07-13-2022, 06:50 PM

W206
MBtex
Old 07-14-2022, 01:47 PM

2023 C Class
MBtex
Thanks. One more question. How well do ventilated seats work? The ones in my Audi kind of suck
Old 07-14-2022, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by giovane
Thanks. One more question. How well do ventilated seats work? The ones in my Audi kind of suck
German ventilated seats have always been pretty lackluster. The ones in my S-Class are much better than any other MB I've had, but I think its because they use an actual cooling system as you can feel the seat get cool while the typical ventilated seats of the other models are just a fan blowing around air. Cars that have actual seat coolers (not ventilators) like Lexus are excellent.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
the microfiber insert seats (mb tex/dynamica) are the best way to keep your back and bum cool IMO.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-14-2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:39 PM

W206
Haha, I'm the wrong guy to ask, because I cannot stand them. They give me a "cold fingers" vibe and generally just creep me out. Not to mention I'm a guy who uses heated seats in the dead of summer because I love the warm feeling on my back. I've only used the cooled seats once to try them out and while they did indeed work, I don't like them. In the future I may use them, say, on a very hot day immediately leaving the gym for a quick cool down, but not much other than that.

Interestingly enough (to me anyways, this is the first car I've owned with them) you can have the heated and ventilated seats on at the same time. Weird.

Along those same lines (Maybe there's a dedicated thread for this) I don't like how the heated seats automatically ratchet down and turn off over time. I drive over 2 hours to work and by the end of my drive the vehicle will not even allow me to turn them on anymore. Can't find an override in the manual, is this just how it is?

Last edited by Tommytheduck; 07-14-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 06:08 PM
SPONSOR

Received 187 Likes on 168 Posts
MERCEDES AMG GT, MERCEDES CLS63 AMG, MERCEDES G63 AMG, MERCEDES CL63 AMG

Now that's sleek! Looking good!
The following users liked this post:
Is4b2rjd (08-26-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 12:48 PM

2023 C Class
Haha, I'm the wrong guy to ask, because I cannot stand them. They give me a "cold fingers" vibe and generally just creep me out. Not to mention I'm a guy who uses heated seats in the dead of summer because I love the warm feeling on my back. I've only used the cooled seats once to try them out and while they did indeed work, I don't like them. In the future I may use them, say, on a very hot day immediately leaving the gym for a quick cool down, but not much other than that.

Interestingly enough (to me anyways, this is the first car I've owned with them) you can have the heated and ventilated seats on at the same time. Weird.

Along those same lines (Maybe there's a dedicated thread for this) I don't like how the heated seats automatically ratchet down and turn off over time. I drive over 2 hours to work and by the end of my drive the vehicle will not even allow me to turn them on anymore. Can't find an override in the manual, is this just how it is?
One last question. How do you feel about the interior plastics? I heard on early reviews that the ones on W206 are lower quality compared to W205.
I know one is not poking the bottom dashboard while driving, however I'm afraid it would be bothering me a bit, coming from the all soft touch surfaces of my old A7...
Old 07-21-2022, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by giovane
One last question. How do you feel about the interior plastics? I heard on early reviews that the ones on W206 are lower quality compared to W205.
I know one is not poking the bottom dashboard while driving, however I'm afraid it would be bothering me a bit, coming from the all soft touch surfaces of my old A7...
The bottoms are plastic, however the top dash when spec'd with AMG-Line provides an almost Napa like material which is very smooth and soft and should help make the interior feel more premium. Below the knees is indeed plastic whereas the W205 was soft-touch, however every car in this class from 3er to A4 also feature hard touch surfaces below the knees.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:05 PM

W206
Yeah, the lower area plastics are pretty hard. There's not a lot of room to "manspread" down there on my 2+ hour drive, so I find myself resting my knees on them quite often as I shift positions during the drive. I would definitely prefer a softer material.

It's my opinion that the reduced legroom is a side effect of the large screen. The only way to get a noticeable amount of wood / metal weave / gloss interior materials (read "premium look") that dominated the center of the W205 is to flare it out earlier at the expense of leg space.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:09 PM

W206
Removed the C300 and 4 MATIC badges. Plasti-dipped the rear star, the fake silver exhaust outlets, and the 2 horizontal silver bars on the front grill. Anyone try blacking out the door handles?

AR_motorwerkz (07-28-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 06:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 187 Likes on 168 Posts
MERCEDES AMG GT, MERCEDES CLS63 AMG, MERCEDES G63 AMG, MERCEDES CL63 AMG
Removed the C300 and 4 MATIC badges. Plasti-dipped the rear star, the fake silver exhaust outlets, and the 2 horizontal silver bars on the front grill. Anyone try blacking out the door handles?

Love the all black theme. But this might complete your look!
BBS LMs in Satin Black Finish with Satin Black Barrels

Old 07-29-2022, 03:15 AM

W206
I'll take a look when it comes time to order winter tires! I'd like to put the OEM tire on some custom black wheels and the winters on the stock wheels because, TBH, I don't much care for the AMG Line wheels.
AR_motorwerkz (08-01-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,603 Likes on 2,213 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Any thoughts on MANUFAKTUR Hyacinth Red metallic? I haven't seen a W206 with that colour around yet (matter of fact I haven't even seen a W206 on the road yet other than dealerships here in Canada, but even that is rare)
Here is a video of an example:
Old 07-29-2022, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Any thoughts on MANUFAKTUR Hyacinth Red metallic? I haven't seen a W206 with that colour around yet (matter of fact I haven't even seen a W206 on the road yet other than dealerships here in Canada, but even that is rare)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgiAVMLjjCs
Looks gorgeous, in the US that is Cardinal Red and it looks great on just about every MB made. Its most popular on the E-Class as I find its very rare to ever see a C or GLE/GLS spec’d in Cardinal.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Looks gorgeous, in the US that is Cardinal Red and it looks great on just about every MB made. Its most popular on the E-Class as I find its very rare to ever see a C or GLE/GLS spec’d in Cardinal.
Thanks for sharing your opinion : ) Ya it first really showed up when the W206 C 43 was revealed so it caught my attention, then I got curious about you guys' opinion. It used to be called Cardinal Red too here in Canada I guess they wanted to change the name and since they ditched Designo, Manufaktur it is then.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

https://group-media.mercedes-benz.co...olmar-2022.jpg

More here:https://group-media.mercedes-benz.co...l?oid=53566116
Old 07-30-2022, 07:55 AM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgiAVMLjjCs

my dealer has one and it’s stunning in person.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Dstopsie
my dealer has one and it’s stunning in person.
Sweet please do take pictures when you have a chance : )
Old 08-08-2022, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S206 C220D
it’s been two weeks since we had our W206 C220D estate here in the UK.

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly happy with Merc Uk deleting USB-C ports and and wireless charging and the dealership mentioned nothing about until I told them my phone wouldn’t charge on the non-existing wireless charging pad.

long story short, apart from this, the car has been perfect. In my opinion, it really is a great day to day car. Wife is happy with its size and handling and children love it.

My mom still owns a W204 C200 which she bought 10 years ago. I still remember the throttle lag of that car and that I had to go into sport mode every time if I know I was going to join a busy motorway.

With the W206, this is no longer an issue, I never feel the need to use anything other than Comfort mode. With the EQ boost and the torque of the Diesel engine, it pulls away quite comfortably.

On top of that, the front seats finally fits my wide shoulders.The boot fits more stuff than my previous BMW X1 despite being smaller on paper.

legroom at the back was ok, actually we found it even more spacious than my previous F10 5 series and BMW X1 (it feels that way at least and my 5 yr old had stopped kicking my seat, I never compare the technical data)

Last point, we still haven’t been able to figure out everything with the MBUX and Mercedes Me.

We appreciate the added safety features, but the car entertainment system these days are way too complicated. Being an old school person, I wish I can just press a button and things will work.

Please enjoy one of the few photos I took with my phone under the lovely UK summer which hopefully will last for another month or so.

Switching from BMW after about 12 years, I found the new C is as good as a BMW 3 series wagon in terms of handling and we appreciate the added “relax” element of the car which makes a long jointers more pleasant.

Last edited by VBUK; 08-08-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by VBUK
it’s been two weeks since we had our W206 C220D estate here in the UK.

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly happy with Merc Uk deleting USB-C ports and and wireless charging and the dealership mentioned nothing about until I told them my phone wouldn’t charge on the non-existing wireless charging pad.

long story short, apart from this, the car has been perfect. In my opinion, it really is a great day to day car. Wife is happy with its size and handling and children love it.

My mom still owns a W204 C200 which she bought 10 years ago. I still remember the throttle lag of that car and that I had to go into sport mode every time if I know I was going to join a busy motorway.

With the W206, this is no longer an issue, I never feel the need to use anything other than Comfort mode. With the EQ boost and the torque of the Diesel engine, it pulls away quite comfortably.

On top of that, the front seats finally fits my wide shoulders.The boot fits more stuff than my previous BMW X1 despite being smaller on paper.

legroom at the back was ok, actually we found it even more spacious than my previous F10 5 series and BMW X1 (it feels that way at least and my 5 yr old had stopped kicking my seat, I never compare the technical data)

Last point, we still haven’t been able to figure out everything with the MBUX and Mercedes Me.

We appreciate the added safety features, but the car entertainment system these days are way too complicated. Being an old school person, I wish I can just press a button and things will work.

Please enjoy one of the few photos I took with my phone under the lovely UK summer which hopefully will last for another month or so.

Switching from BMW after about 12 years, I found the new C is as good as a BMW 3 series wagon in terms of handling and we appreciate the added “relax” element of the car which makes a long jointers more pleasant.
Glad to hear you are liking the car. Would love to see more pics of your beauty! We sadly don't get the touring variant in the US.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S206 C220D
Glad to hear you are liking the car. Would love to see more pics of your beauty! We sadly don't get the touring variant in the US.
Thank you!

In a world of SUVs, the estate version seems to be a dying breed here in UK as well. I don’t get to see them as often as before.

AR_motorwerkz (08-08-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W206 Picture Thread