C-Class (W206) 2021 to

W206 - Two minor annoyances with front seats for service.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 03:28 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
W206 - Two minor annoyances with front seats for service.

Base of driver’s seat where seatbelt is housed is a bit off and I can’t appear to just snap it properly into place. The passenger side, however, is perfectly aligned. I just noticed it the other day when adjusting my seatbelt and refining my seat settings.

Passenger front seat headrest squeaks when driving, unless I hold it or rest my hand against it like this. Started the week after delivery,
Old 05-26-2022, 01:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
Does the squeak happen when going over bumps or is it just constantly squeaking? I've noticed some plastic sounds creaking randomly sometimes as well.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
F150 Lariat
Originally Posted by GSOTXL
Base of driver’s seat where seatbelt is housed is a bit off and I can’t appear to just snap it properly into place. The passenger side, however, is perfectly aligned. I just noticed it the other day when adjusting my seatbelt and refining my seat settings.

Passenger front seat headrest squeaks when driving, unless I hold it or rest my hand against it like this. Started the week after delivery,
My passenger headrest does the same. I found lowering it all the way gets / reduces it.
The following users liked this post:
Crito (05-10-2023)
Old 05-26-2022, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by MRC250
Does the squeak happen when going over bumps or is it just constantly squeaking? I've noticed some plastic sounds creaking randomly sometimes as well.
It’s basically all the time.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by scriptx
My passenger headrest does the same. I found lowering it all the way gets / reduces it.
Thanks!
I tried that already and didn’t notice any improvement yesterday, but magically today it stopped. Hmmmmm.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C300 Sedan
Just curious if the seat noise ended up stopping for you? If not, was the dealership able to fix it? My driver's seat creaks/ pops regularly - notice it particularly during turns and over speed bumps. I've taken it to the dealership twice - they made some type of minor modification to the seat back cover but this wasn't successful. No reduction in the seat noise at all. I'm scheduled to take the car back in a couple weeks - just curious if there was a fix. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2023, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by camarc68
Just curious if the seat noise ended up stopping for you? If not, was the dealership able to fix it? My driver's seat creaks/ pops regularly - notice it particularly during turns and over speed bumps. I've taken it to the dealership twice - they made some type of minor modification to the seat back cover but this wasn't successful. No reduction in the seat noise at all. I'm scheduled to take the car back in a couple weeks - just curious if there was a fix. Thanks!
Hi,
it did stop and hasn’t come back. The dealer service dept just made minor adjustments. I was skeptical but thankful that whatever they did worked.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:11 AM

2022 C300 Sedan
That's great news. I'll be taking my car in to dealership in a couple of weeks. Hopefully third time will be a charm and they'll be able to fix it.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
I saw a post on Facebook that said an independent mechanic sprayed some WD-40 on the passenger headrest and that made the squeak go away. I was thinking a little shot of silicone spray in there would be helpful?
Old 01-24-2023, 09:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
@camarc68 The source of the noise you are hearing might be different from the one mentioned in this thread.
I had a similar noise like you described (popping and clicking noise coming from behind the seat on bumpy roads and corners, it sounds like a noise coming from a plastic). I took it to the dealer, and they fixed it by replacing the backrest cover of the driver's seat. The following paragraph is from the service invoice:
"Performed test drive, confirmed creaking from driver's seat behind the backrest. Removed seat backrest cover and performed second test drive, confirmed noise no longer present. Ordered a new backrest cover and installed it. Along with lubricating all contact points with A0009893660 oil from NVH Kit. Confirmed noise no longer present."

Now, I hear the same noise coming from the passenger's side as well, so I will take the car back to the dealer again.

Last edited by Benea; 01-25-2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:07 AM

2022 C300 Sedan
Thanks for the information! I'll share the info with he service advisor during my next visit. During the two prior attempts for them to address this, I believe the added teflon tape to the inside edge of the plastic backrest, but that didn't work. In fact, there was no in the noise at all.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:27 PM

2022 C300 Sedan
Just thought I'd provide a quick update. I took my car to the dealer a few weeks ago for the driver's seat noise issue I mentioned earlier. This was the third visit for this issue- the first two they were focused on the plastic backrest panel as there was a service bulletin regarding but that didn't resolve the problem with my car at all. This time, I'm happy to say, they were able track down the problem and address it. I believe what they found was a bit strange (copied some text from the service invoice below), so thought I would share. Hopefully this is the last of the little issues I've had since I bought the vehicle in August.

"...Inspected the underside of the seat frame and could not find any broken or worn out components. All seat components worked properly when commanded. Removed the seat back trim panel and inspected the inside of the seat frame and hinge points. Noted corrosion on the seat back motor, hinge spring bar and several other internal components. Rusty components inhibit smooth flexing motion of spring mat and other motion-activated components causing audible noises.

"Removed drivers seat, disassembled seat bottom frame. Removed seat back cover, removed. and disassembled seat back frame. Replaced seat bottom frame with rusted components. Replaced seat back frame with corroded elevation motor and oxidized components....."
The following users liked this post:
Benea (03-02-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 07:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by camarc68
Just thought I'd provide a quick update. I took my car to the dealer a few weeks ago for the driver's seat noise issue I mentioned earlier. This was the third visit for this issue- the first two they were focused on the plastic backrest panel as there was a service bulletin regarding but that didn't resolve the problem with my car at all. This time, I'm happy to say, they were able track down the problem and address it. I believe what they found was a bit strange (copied some text from the service invoice below), so thought I would share. Hopefully this is the last of the little issues I've had since I bought the vehicle in August.

"...Inspected the underside of the seat frame and could not find any broken or worn out components. All seat components worked properly when commanded. Removed the seat back trim panel and inspected the inside of the seat frame and hinge points. Noted corrosion on the seat back motor, hinge spring bar and several other internal components. Rusty components inhibit smooth flexing motion of spring mat and other motion-activated components causing audible noises.

"Removed drivers seat, disassembled seat bottom frame. Removed seat back cover, removed. and disassembled seat back frame. Replaced seat bottom frame with rusted components. Replaced seat back frame with corroded elevation motor and oxidized components....."
Thanks! Glad they figured it out, hopefully your post will help those who come across this post with clueless dealership personnel.
Old 05-10-2023, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 268 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Originally Posted by GSOTXL

Ditto on my brand new EQE 500 SUV. Compared to driver seat headrest that plastic piece you're holding is visibly looser. I only hear it when driving over rough pavement or the train tracks near my house but it's right in my fookin' ear and really grates on my nerves. Becomes worse in hot weather and less so when cool outside like today. Car is going in for service this Friday after just two weeks of ownership.

Last edited by Crito; 05-10-2023 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Crito
Ditto on my brand new EQE 500 SUV. Compared to driver seat headrest that plastic piece you're holding is visibly looser. I only hear it when driving over rough pavement or the train tracks near my house but it's right in my fookin' ear and really grates on my nerves. Becomes worse in hot weather and less so when cool outside like today. Car is going in for service this Friday after just two weeks of ownership.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully they address it quickly.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 268 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Sorry to hear that, hopefully they address it quickly.
They fixed it in three hours by partial disassembly and applying felt tape to the surfaces that were loose and coming into contact with each other. That appears to have resolved the issue for me.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Crito
They fixed it in three hours by partial disassembly and applying felt tape to the surfaces that were loose and coming into contact with each other. That appears to have resolved the issue for me.
Very nice thanks for letting us know and glad it solved it for you