C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Bluetooth call quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 07:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C300
Bluetooth call quality

Anyone else have the person you are calling say that the sound quality on calls is horrible on their end when using the car to make a call? It's fine at lower speeds, but anything over 40mph is unusable. I called and left a vm for myself and it's terrible. Useless.
The following users liked this post:
komodor (10-05-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C Class W206
I purchased C class W206 last week and I experience the same - at lower speed and quite street, the microphone seems to be ok, but as soon as I get to a busy environment or increase the speed, the microphone quality drops dramatically to the point that I have to yell so the person over the phone can hear me.
I had C class W205 just before this purchase and I didn't have this issue with it.
Would be great if you can update us if you manage to fix this issue
Old 06-22-2022, 09:51 PM

2022 C300
I had one dealership reinstall the MBUX software and that didn't work. It's now at the dealership where I bought it and they have taken the microphone apart with no success. They have opened a ticket with Mercedes engineering, and it's staying overnight. I will update when I know more.
arash.re (06-22-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 02:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
Just have tried at 60 mph and observed no issue. My wife haven't noticed any degradation. I use Android Auto though. It might use Wi-Fi for audio.
A few thoughts on this. Theoretically car speed shall not affect mic reception in any way. The same with Bluetooth. Since it changes with car speed looks like that may be your provider has started to have issues with handling speedy terminals (phones). I would try to disconnect the phone from the car and see if the phone itself have this audio quality degradation with speed.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Serg675
Since it changes with car speed looks like that may be your provider has started to have issues with handling speedy terminals (phones). I would try to disconnect the phone from the car and see if the phone itself have this audio quality degradation with speed.
I don't have this issue with my other car so it's definitely not with the phone/provider.
I also got Android, my wife got iPhone on different provider and we both experience the same issue. I am certain that the issue is with the car's microphone/software. I think it fails catching the human voice when trying to block to ambient noise, or blocking ambient noise very poorly to the point that human voice is not easily recognisable.
Seems like not all are experiencing the same issue tho. I called the dealership yesterday and they said few other owners have raised the same issue. They don't know the solution for it yet but booked me for the 25th of July so I can drop the car there (hopefully they can find a solution for it by then).
I'm in Australia, the solutions come here a bit later than the rest of the world 😜

Last edited by arash.re; 06-23-2022 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:31 PM

2022 C300
Mine is still at dealership. They are waiting on the Mercedes engineers. Meanwhile, the loaner I have has crystal clear calls so its clearly an issue with the car.
arash.re (06-23-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jjb3
Mine is still at dealership. They are waiting on the Mercedes engineers. Meanwhile, the loaner I have has crystal clear calls so its clearly an issue with the car.
Any update on this? Did they manage to fix the issue?
Old 07-24-2022, 08:43 AM

W205 2020 c300 AMG line
Call quality

I had this issue on a W205 C300 2020 model on the drivers side. Not sure if it made any difference at high or low speeds. Dealer updated firmware, replaced the microphones and the problem still existed. They kept it over night and the next day found that the microphone lead had a fracture. Replaced it and works beautifully. They suggested it could have been damaged in the manufacturing process. Perhaps a heavy handed robot.LOL.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:11 PM

c200
Hi arash.re,

Any update or solution for this issue? Mine booked for 2
0th of Sep.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:57 PM

C300
Originally Posted by MCHonkytonk
I had this issue on a W205 C300 2020 model on the drivers side. Not sure if it made any difference at high or low speeds. Dealer updated firmware, replaced the microphones and the problem still existed. They kept it over night and the next day found that the microphone lead had a fracture. Replaced it and works beautifully. They suggested it could have been damaged in the manufacturing process. Perhaps a heavy handed robot.LOL.
I had same issue and need to replace the microphone. Now its working fine.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:27 AM

BMW 730d
Ah, that sounds frustrating! It could be the car's built-in system not handling higher speeds well. Have you considered using softphones? They're apps that use internet connection instead of cellular networks, often providing better call quality. Pairing it with your car's Bluetooth might offer a smoother experience, especially when you're on the move.

Last edited by Amardanan; 01-09-2024 at 04:00 AM.