C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Has anyone who has the clunk/thump noise I received as reason from their dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 10:54 AM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Has anyone who has the clunk/thump noise received a reason from their dealer?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help and information. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

On May 23rd I first heard the clunk/thump noise on my 2022 C300 Sedan but I wasn’t really sure exactly what I heard and felt on the brake pedal until I read about it on this forum. On June 7th it was very predominant every time I firmly braked. Took the car to the dealer on Wednesday June 8th.

My car has been at the dealer since Wednesday June 8th and they have not given me any information as to what the issue is. Not only that but my service advisor doesn’t even contact me, I always have to reach out to him and when I do he has no information. Zero, Zilch!

To make matters even worse at 445pm on June 13th I received notification from Mercedes Me that there was a slight impart to the rear of my car. My service advisor was off that day and I could not even get anyone on the phone at the dealer to check on my car. On June 14th I text my service advisor a picture of the what Mercedes Me shows and said I want to know what happened to my car and he said he would check on it and get back to me also that he should have an answer on the brake issue also. Never even heard one word from him.

Mind you I had this car for 18 days before I took it to the dealer for the brake issue. I leased it on May 20th. I am beyond disgusted with the service at Keyes Mercedes in Sherman Oaks, CA. I have both leased and serviced my other C300’s there for the last 6 years and never received this type of treatment. My service advisor has taken care of my cars for the last 4 or 5 years and never did I receive this type of service, or i should say lack of service.

Has anyone who has taken their car in for service for the braking clunk/thump noise had this successfully diagnosed and fixed yet?

any assistance or information you can provide will be helpful. I will escalate it to the service manager but I have been working with the GSM so i was hesitant to reach out to the service manager. If I end up going to the dealership in person, they will be sorry, because the b***h in me is going to be in full effect.

Last edited by Dstopsie; 06-15-2022 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-15-2022, 01:07 PM

2020 C300 Sedan
I finally got an update from the Service Manager as to what is wrong with the car:

Today I finally spoke to the Service Manager at Keyes Mercedes. He said the problem with the car is the rotors and pads. He told me there have been other cars in the country having the same issue. The parts are available. However because this is such a new car Mercedes has to review and approve the repairs. They are requiring the dealers send them pictures and videos of the rotors and pads so they can fix it on the production line. Mercedes is concerned about what went wrong since these cars are coming off the production line like this. I still wonder if it could be because the car was made 10/2021 and not delivered to the dealer until May 19, 2022.

At least I have an answer what the problem is and that the dealer was able to replicate it. Once Mercedes approves the repair (which apparently they have to do because it is such a new car), it can be fixed.

My case is pending with Mercedes so hopefully it will be fixed soon as the parts are available.

Last edited by Dstopsie; 06-15-2022 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-15-2022, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
I finally got an update from the Service Manager as to what is wrong with the car:

Today I finally spoke to the Service Manager at Keyes Mercedes. He said the problem with the car is the rotors and pads. He told me there have been other cars in the country having the same issue. The parts are available. However because this is such a new car Mercedes has to review and approve the repairs. They are requiring the dealers send them pictures and videos of the rotors and pads so they can fix it on the production line. Mercedes is concerned about what went wrong since these cars are coming off the production line like this. I still wonder if it could be because the car was made 10/2021 and not delivered to the dealer until May 19, 2022.

At least I have an answer what the problem is and that the dealer was able to replicate it. Once Mercedes approves the repair (which apparently they have to do because it is such a new car), it can be fixed.

My case is pending with Mercedes so hopefully it will be fixed soon as the parts are available.
your concern with the car sitting in regards to rust forming on rotors? or what makes you illustrate that point specifically?

I have seen that before but obviously you'd notice as well. I remember a member in the w205 c43 forums getting rusty rotors replaced.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:16 PM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by alexasa
your concern with the car sitting in regards to rust forming on rotors? or what makes you illustrate that point specifically?

I have seen that before but obviously you'd notice as well. I remember a member in the w205 c43 forums getting rusty rotors replaced.
When I made that statement I simply was wondering if the fact that the car was sitting somewhere for 7 months before it was delivered had anything to do with it.

I had the car for 3 days before I heard it the first time and it has been at the dealer a week already. It took me until today to get an answer as to what the issue was. I didn’t even know until today that they replicated the issue since my service advisor hasn’t bothered to update me at all throughout this process.

I have leased and bought over 17 cars in my lifetime and I never had this issue happen before on a brand new car with 99 miles on it which 26 miles were from
the dealer. My service manager said Mercedes is having this issue with the new C300 throughout the country.