C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Q: On options on the C300 for USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus
Q: On options on the C300 for USA

HI! I'm new here. Looking at the new c300 as a new car.
I'm looking at the Exclusive or Pinnacle trim levels. And from my understanding, Pinnacle has everything the Exclusive has + Navigation/heads up display, right?
1) Is memory saving available for, power mirrors, seating, and steering wheel tilt and telescoping? And will it "move away" when turning off the car to exit? My 14yr old Lexus had that.
On a side note, can you program the mirrors to auto fold/unfold when turning on/off the vehicle?
2) Anybody in the USA have the DIGITAL LIGHTS? I see on the build sheet for the 2023:
DIGITAL LIGHT projection functions, depending on local approval regulations, currently available with partial scopes in the USA 1. Projection function for symbols (42U), e.g. as a direction symbol for lane correction when departing the lane (If equipped with DA2) 2. Projection function for animations (43U), light shows when opening and closing the vehicle.
Does that mean those features are NOT included in the USA or ARE included? What about anti-dazzle where it will block out lighting on cars ahead of you?
3) If I get a 2022, the Burmester audio is only 590watts vs the 2023 of 710watts? Anything else was changed? I don't see anything on the Burmester audio for the 2022 C-series besides you can order it. Like how many speakers, etc.
I'm aware from another post, that the build sheet MUST show the Burmester audio or it won't come with it? And it seems like there's no credit when it doesn't?
4) Does the approach lights, light up when you walk up to the car with key in pocket, or only if you unlock the door?
5) Does the C300 have animated turn signals for front and rear?
6) On a 2022 build they have coming in, there is a credit for missing standard CREDITFREE ACCESS -$100 and a Credit for missing 75B standard CREDITkage -$50. What are the two things missing? The sales person said it was the "trunk, kick to open feature." So $150 credit for missing that? Didn't sound right once I left the dealership.

Thanks if you know the answers!

Last edited by starstreak007; 06-26-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:31 PM

Lexus
Oh, and..\
7) How easy is it to see the screens in sunlight? Being the whole center is a screen now, is glare a problem?
8) Reading other posts, what's the difference in Standard ambient lighting and Enhanced ambient lighting? I thought there was only one for the c300?
Old 06-27-2022, 05:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,625 Likes on 2,232 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Congrats on your order! Hopefully the wait isn't too long. I am in Canada but I will try to answer your questions:

1. Yes, it was also there for a W205 that I have and I have no reason to believe they removed it for W206, now you can also set profiles as well. The facelift W205 also got.

2. I did hear that USA recently passed law to amend the restrictions in terms of automotive lighting that was long overdue, I am not sure if it is state by state. As far as digital light, it is available in the USA but it isn't enabled yet by MBUSA. It might be enabled via a service visit at the dealership once everything is finalized so get it if you want to future proof the vehicle. As for the anti-dazzle, it should work in the USA shortly, if you see something called Adapative High Beam Assist (Plus) then it has that European style that high beam always on when the light sensor detects the light being below a certain threshold and then turn off individual LEDs that points at opposing traffic.

3. Interesting find, I didn't hear anything about this, would be odd they did this especially after one model year, customers would be pissed I believe.

4. You need to unlock the door by pressing unlock on the keyfob at a distance (show you can see the effect) or by using keyless go (by placing your hand in the handle) and quickly run around the vehicle to see the light effect from front and rear

5. no, it does not. Just in case, you mean dynamic turn signals/sequential turn signals right? If so, no it does not.

6. Hmmm I am not sure what that is but when you mentioned something "Free Access" it does sound like Hands-Free access which the "hands" are missing. Do you have your build sheet we can see? If your salesman did mean that, then yes the kick to open feature is on shortage because of the chip required but I would think they allocated it for W206 as Burmester would otherwise be omitted from existing models (W205 and X253 GLC for example) but is actually available on the W206.

7. I don't hear many complaints from W223 S-Class owners but the W206 has the infotainment screen screen tilting towards you (the driver) so it should help even more.

8. If I recalled correctly from what I read, standard ambient lighting is only ambient lighting surrounding the capacitive touch seat control panel on the door, part of the dash below the screen while enhanced ambient lighting has all that plus foot well, vents and the centre console where the middle screen slopes down. if I am not mistaken, without enhanced ambient lighting, there is no light beneath as well.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:47 PM

Lexus
W205C43PFL- Thanks for the info. Its not 100% yet. it's a car marked held but he said its possible I could get it. Or just order one the way I want, and I should get it by Oct?

"4. You need to unlock the door by pressing unlock on the keyfob at a distance (show you can see the effect) or by using keyless go (by placing your hand in the handle) and quickly run around the vehicle to see the light effect from front and rear"
Ah so not like the Lexus where if I'm about 10ft away, puddle lights go on, and when I touch the handle, it unlocks and opens the door.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,625 Likes on 2,232 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by starstreak007
W205C43PFL- Thanks for the info. Its not 100% yet. it's a car marked held but he said its possible I could get it. Or just order one the way I want, and I should get it by Oct?

"4. You need to unlock the door by pressing unlock on the keyfob at a distance (show you can see the effect) or by using keyless go (by placing your hand in the handle) and quickly run around the vehicle to see the light effect from front and rear"
Ah so not like the Lexus where if I'm about 10ft away, puddle lights go on, and when I touch the handle, it unlocks and opens the door.
I see, hopefully everything gets processed for you shortly and you can get a build date.

I wonder if it is available on the W223 but as far as for W206 it doesn't. I hope I am wrong though, we do have W206 USA owners now as cars has been started to be delivered since last month in the USA and end of this month in Canada, hopefully they can chime in. I think the Maybach W223 has it though or maybe the EQS with comfort door has this feature.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-27-2022 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 355 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
The C comes standard with memory for the driver and passenger, and for the driver it also does steering wheel and mirrors. All standard.

The two credit for missing standards are 1) hands free access - the kick to open trunk and 2) the standard USB package so I believe there’s one or two fewer USB ports. Both are unfortunate, the USB ports especially so.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:19 PM

Lexus
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
The C comes standard with memory for the driver and passenger, and for the driver it also does steering wheel and mirrors. All standard.

The two credit for missing standards are 1) hands free access - the kick to open trunk and 2) the standard USB package so I believe there’s one or two fewer USB ports. Both are unfortunate, the USB ports especially so.
Thanks for the info.. Bummers on the missing USB.