Auto start/stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 01:39 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Auto start/stop

Hi all,
I will most likely order a 2023 W201 and I have a question for new owners I couldn't find an answer to.

How well does the auto start/stop work?
Is it possible to disable it? Do you have to disable it every time you start the car?
I'm asking because
1- I don't want to get no A/C while waiting at a red light in >100 Texan degrees, and
2- I don't like the idea of having the engine shutting off an back on several time on a short city drive/errand.

I've been driving an Audi A7 and the dealer was able to set the auto start/stop button to remember the last setting (if it was off the last time I drove my car, it will be off next time I start it).

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2022, 05:18 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
The auto start/stop can be turned off. It must be turned off every time you get in the car, however you can have a workshop code the car so it remembers your last preference if it's worth the trouble.

Ive been driving my 2022 W206 for a month and the EQ boost makes the auto start/stop much less intrusive. When restarting the car, I almost never notice unless that the engine was off or there is lag, unless I pull away at a high speed which kicks the gears up quickly.

I live in Los Angeles where it's gotten so hot that the MBUX screen dims but the A/C stays on with the engine off. The 48V battery now runs along with other previously belt-driven components. So far I would say that the engine has turned on at a stop 4-5 times, all when A/C was on LO and I was stopped for well over a minute.

Overall, barely ever notice it, especially after coming from a 2020 W205.
The following users liked this post:
giovane (07-07-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 11:44 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by 818benz
The auto start/stop can be turned off. It must be turned off every time you get in the car, however you can have a workshop code the car so it remembers your last preference if it's worth the trouble.

Ive been driving my 2022 W206 for a month and the EQ boost makes the auto start/stop much less intrusive. When restarting the car, I almost never notice unless that the engine was off or there is lag, unless I pull away at a high speed which kicks the gears up quickly.

I live in Los Angeles where it's gotten so hot that the MBUX screen dims but the A/C stays on with the engine off. The 48V battery now runs along with other previously belt-driven components. So far I would say that the engine has turned on at a stop 4-5 times, all when A/C was on LO and I was stopped for well over a minute.

Overall, barely ever notice it, especially after coming from a 2020 W205.

i agree with all of the above and I’m also in Los Angeles. Start stop has improved so much in the 2022 compared to my 2020. I don’t even feel it.
The following users liked this post:
giovane (07-07-2022)