C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Heated seat and steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 12:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
W206
Heated seat and steering wheel

Hey all, cannot find it in the manual, but am I to assume that the heated seat *only* operates on the pre-programmed automatic timer? There's no override to leave it on constantly? The manual says it's to prevent damage but this is the first vehicle I've ever owned that doesn't allow continuous use. In fact, at the end of a 2 hour drive where I continuously cycled through to have it on the entire drive, it didn't even allow me to use it at all!

Also, for the heated steering wheel: The manual says there's a switch alongside the steering column adjuster, but mine is a blank piece of plastic. Only way to heat the wheel is in the maximum seat heat setting, (3 bars) which again, only lasts 8 minutes before lowering to 2 bars.

This is extremely frustrating, and I know will be even more so in the winter.

(Yeah, I like my heated stuff in the summer too!)
Old 12-14-2022, 11:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2022 C300 Sedan
Realize you posted this months ago, but just saw your post today. My C300 has the heated steering wheel option and I too couldn’t locate the switch on the steering wheel column that was shown in the owner’s manual. I searched online and found a YouTube video about this. Apparently the physical switch was omitted by MB and instead there’s a setting in MBUX that you can select to have the heated steering wheel turn on whenever you turn the heated seat on. Additionally you can use the “Hey Mercedes” voice function and ask to have the heated steering wheel turned on or off. Just thought I’d share.
The following users liked this post:
Tommytheduck (12-14-2022)