Shipping time from South Africa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 C300 4Matic
Shipping time from South Africa

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Bought a w206 (2/10) that met the spec I was looking for. It was already just waiting on a ship in the port to come to the US. No ship has been assigned yet. I'm just curious based on everyone's experience, what the wait time until it arrives in the US and when it may get to the dealer. I'm located on the east coast. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
My car has been waiting at the East London port since January 30th and still no ship.
What I understand from the w205 forum it takes average 2 months from completed production to delivery to customer in US
The following users liked this post:
23C300W4 (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 09:16 AM

2023 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by giovane
My car has been waiting at the East London port since January 30th and still no ship.
What I understand from the w205 forum it takes average 2 months from completed production to delivery to customer in US
That definitely seems like a long time. I checked the east london port ship arrivals. From 2/18 to 2/25, there 6 vehicle carrier ships arriving in port during that time frame. Hopefully our cars make it on one of those ships!
Old 02-17-2023, 10:39 AM

2023 C Class
Unfortunately seems like there are no direct routes for RoRo ships from South Africa to US, making the journey very long. Mercedes cars built in South Africa usually go to Bremerhaven/Zeebrugge first, then get into a different ship to US.
About the frequency of vehicle ships stopping in East London. Ships coming from Europe / Americas to South Africa usually keep cruising east towards Asia. Our best bet is one of the ships coming from Asia going West, and as far as I understand, there's about one/two per month average.
I hope for example the ship Mignon coming from UK will be the one, but because of the route patterns I mentioned above I believe is going to be one of the Ace vessels instead (Paradise Ace, Sunrise Ace, Gracious Ace, Glorious Ace).

Last edited by giovane; 02-17-2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:54 AM

2023 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by giovane
Unfortunately seems like there are no direct routes for RoRo ships from South Africa to US, making the journey very long. Mercedes cars built in South Africa usually to Bremerhaven/Zeebrugge first, then get into a different ship to US.
About the frequency of vehicle ships stopping in East London. Ships coming from Europe / Americas to South Africa usually keep cruising east towards Asia. Our best bet is one of the ships coming from Asia going West, and as far as I understand, there's about one/two per month average.
I hope for example the ship Mignon coming from UK will be the one, but because of the route patterns I mentioned above I believe is going to be one of the Ace vessels instead (Paradise Ace, Sunrise Ace, Gracious Ace, Glorious Ace).
Thank you for the insight, really helpful in estimation before getting confirmation from the dealer that it's on the ship. I'll update if I hear anything from my dealer. Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:18 AM

2023 C Class
Speaking of Mignon...
I just ckecked on Wallenius Wilhelmsen website and as I feared the boat will go to Australia. That won't be the one for us.

The following users liked this post:
23C300W4 (02-18-2023)