C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Adding a subwoofer to the Burmester system on the W206?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 09:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 C300
Adding a subwoofer to the Burmester system on the W206?

Has anyone installed or looked into installing a subwoofer in the w206 with the Burmester system? My car has the 3D Burmester option, and I am honestly very satisfied with how to the system sounds. However, the Frontbass setup with the woofers in the footwells is a little disappointing. The bass is not necessarily bad, but I feel like maybe installing a subwoofer box in the trunk would help out with the lower frequencies and having a fuller sound, and in my opinion, making the system near perfect. I am not sure what size driver or type of enclosure for the box would be ideal, and if I could use the factory Burmester amplifier or need a separate unit to power it. Hopefully if anyone has done something similar on their w206 they would like to share their experience.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by alex15
Has anyone installed or looked into installing a subwoofer in the w206 with the Burmester system? My car has the 3D Burmester option, and I am honestly very satisfied with how to the system sounds. However, the Frontbass setup with the woofers in the footwells is a little disappointing. The bass is not necessarily bad, but I feel like maybe installing a subwoofer box in the trunk would help out with the lower frequencies and having a fuller sound, and in my opinion, making the system near perfect. I am not sure what size driver or type of enclosure for the box would be ideal, and if I could use the factory Burmester amplifier or need a separate unit to power it. Hopefully if anyone has done something similar on their w206 they would like to share their experience.
I have the stock system and added a 12 inch sub in a ported box. The bass is way way stronger and I can definitely feel it. If you’re disappointed by the front-bass then you definitely want a subwoofer since it could hit below 40hz which is around where the front-bass rolls off. My system definitely sounds way fuller but I’m also getting all the speakers replaced soon.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W206
Originally Posted by Holo
I have the stock system and added a 12 inch sub in a ported box. The bass is way way stronger and I can definitely feel it. If you’re disappointed by the front-bass then you definitely want a subwoofer since it could hit below 40hz which is around where the front-bass rolls off. My system definitely sounds way fuller but I’m also getting all the speakers replaced soon.
Hi

Where did you get the said subwoofer? Is it an after market sub that is plug and play subs? Feeling the need for more punch from the current stock set up of the system. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2023, 03:54 AM

C300
Originally Posted by hubielim
Hi

Where did you get the said subwoofer? Is it an after market sub that is plug and play subs? Feeling the need for more punch from the current stock set up of the system. Thank you.
It’s an aftermarket sub from JL audio. There are plug and play options but only for the front bass. If you do decided to get either one though you’ll want an amplifier since the head unit doesn’t provide nearly enough power.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ducati
Thank you very much. I'll try to look for a sound amplifier.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:13 PM

C300
Originally Posted by EddSdrf
Thank you very much. I'll try to look for a sound amplifier.
A good shop in your area will help you out with that.