C-Class (W206) 2021 to

W206 steering wheel AMG components upgrade. When small details make a big difference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 05:19 AM
SPONSOR

Received 148 Likes on 84 Posts
W205 W213
W206 steering wheel AMG components upgrade. When small details make a big difference

Every now and then I meet a customer with the budget and passion to play around with upgrades on his car, to simply get a taste of that AMG feel, or not agreeing with the norms altogether, and genuinely wanting some genuine upgrades for a little different driving experience. All this can lead one on a journey that is a bit more than just installing a few upgrades, no, you have to choose the ones that matter to you, finding a trusted supplier, and also a good team you feel confident to leave your car to. And so we get to work!
The car in the photos is a W206, previously upgraded to AMG line on the exterior, and the time came to also catch up with the interior. so as soon as the trim and paddles arrived, we installed it.
The installation is pretty straightforward, but because of needing to handle a few tedious bits and pieces, not to mention the safety of the airbag, you better let the professionals stress about it, and just enjoy the outcome.
You can install these trim and paddles on a normal, perforated leather steering wheel, such as the one in the photos, or even on an Alcantara AMG steering wheel, if you went even further with the upgrades.
This minor upgrade includes the aluminium trim, with the ever famous lettering, larger paddles and the back cover.
Here's how the installation went:

Old 09-21-2023, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by iCARMIX
Every now and then I meet a customer with the budget and passion to play around with upgrades on his car, to simply get a taste of that AMG feel, or not agreeing with the norms altogether, and genuinely wanting some genuine upgrades for a little different driving experience. All this can lead one on a journey that is a bit more than just installing a few upgrades, no, you have to choose the ones that matter to you, finding a trusted supplier, and also a good team you feel confident to leave your car to. And so we get to work!
The car in the photos is a W206, previously upgraded to AMG line on the exterior, and the time came to also catch up with the interior. so as soon as the trim and paddles arrived, we installed it.
The installation is pretty straightforward, but because of needing to handle a few tedious bits and pieces, not to mention the safety of the airbag, you better let the professionals stress about it, and just enjoy the outcome.
You can install these trim and paddles on a normal, perforated leather steering wheel, such as the one in the photos, or even on an Alcantara AMG steering wheel, if you went even further with the upgrades.
This minor upgrade includes the aluminium trim, with the ever famous lettering, larger paddles and the back cover.
Here's how the installation went:

Very nice addition, do you thing its possible to swap out the whole wheel to the previous one that had the actual buttons and volume adjustments in the wheel? I have the w206 sedan (2023) and my wife has the 2023 c300 cab. Her wheel is far superior as I hate haptics
Old 09-22-2023, 03:41 AM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Originally Posted by KE5TNY
Very nice addition, do you thing its possible to swap out the whole wheel to the previous one that had the actual buttons and volume adjustments in the wheel? I have the w206 sedan (2023) and my wife has the 2023 c300 cab. Her wheel is far superior as I hate haptics
I'm sorry, I can't think of any adapter that can make an older generation steering wheel fin on a newer generation car model, if I am not misunderstanding your question.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
Question - (and nice to see a sponsor reply so quickly)

I've seen modifications done to the W206 steering with C45 dials. I have a C300e but wondered on the left dial (if you know) weather it has any options unlike with the right dial to switch drive mode.

Hope my question makes sense.
The following users liked this post:
iCARMIX (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 02:11 AM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Originally Posted by schizophonic
Question - (and nice to see a sponsor reply so quickly)

I've seen modifications done to the W206 steering with C45 dials. I have a C300e but wondered on the left dial (if you know) weather it has any options unlike with the right dial to switch drive mode.

Hope my question makes sense.
Hi!
Can you dm me some photos of the before and after, as well as your car's VIN/chassis number and the part number?
Any of these are helpful to talk to my supplier because they have a list of compatibilities and I don't wanna talk out of my behind.
Or if you feel more comfortable you can also add my Whatsapp 85290358875, because I am not on this forum 24/7 but I'll always have the phone nearby. Either way is completely fine.
Cheers!