C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2023 C43 AMG Sedan Issues - Screen and Rear Climate Control Panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (RIP), 2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Angry 2023 C43 AMG Sedan Issues - Screen and Rear Climate Control Panel

My car (2023 C43 AMG Sedan) has been having issues with the screen from day 1. For one Apple Carplay disconnects randomly. Secondly, the infotainment systems randomly decides to reset. Both of these issues do not occur often, but it does happen and it is super annoying. I've taken it to my dealership before and they did an update apparently, but the issue is still occurring. Anyone else having this issue and know of a different fix? My dealership is in a small town and I don't like to bash them but they seem pretty incompetent. I am experienced with them as I had a 2019 C43 Coupe and I had a couple things they couldn't solve or gave me a BS answer and then I took it to a big city dealer an hour away and they knew the answers instantly. Plus they are hitting us with the same BS line "we do not have loaners because there is a shortage on cars" while the other bigger dealership, even mid pandemic, had loaners available without even an appointment. Lol.

Second issue which is a new one, when pressing on the bottom part of the rear climate control panel it feels as if the button isn't installed properly. Seems as if it is hitting something when you press on it. I don't know how else to describe it. I wonder if this is a common problem or if it is even considered a problem at all, I'd like to know of resolutions before I bring it in to get it fixed if possible.

Thanks all!
Old 10-24-2023, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 C300
I’ve had issues with CarPlay disconnecting randomly. It seems to happen in certain areas (there is a hospital nearby and at this intersection it seems to always do it. There is a service bulletin related to this and it appears it will be fixed in a future update:

https://www.tsbsearch.com/Mercedes-B...82-85-P-076157

As for the screen rebooting this was a problem for me when I first got the car. Few updates later and it’s been OK since. It seemed to happen to me a few times in an underground garage, not sure why.
Old 10-26-2023, 03:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
For the random disconnects, couple things to try.

Does it happen on another iphone when its linked up to the phone?
Does it disconnect or act weirdly when you have it plugged into the USB port when using apple car play?

Finally have you tried to create a new profile or delete your existing profile? Reason why I'm saying this. under my one get the some weird behaviours (like the rear camera trying to pop out during a small stretch of the road) but with my other half when shes logged in - acts normal)
Old 10-28-2023, 09:09 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by shadi150
My car (2023 C43 AMG Sedan) has been having issues with the screen from day 1. For one Apple Carplay disconnects randomly. Secondly, the infotainment systems randomly decides to reset. Both of these issues do not occur often, but it does happen and it is super annoying. I've taken it to my dealership before and they did an update apparently, but the issue is still occurring. Anyone else having this issue and know of a different fix? My dealership is in a small town and I don't like to bash them but they seem pretty incompetent. I am experienced with them as I had a 2019 C43 Coupe and I had a couple things they couldn't solve or gave me a BS answer and then I took it to a big city dealer an hour away and they knew the answers instantly. Plus they are hitting us with the same BS line "we do not have loaners because there is a shortage on cars" while the other bigger dealership, even mid pandemic, had loaners available without even an appointment. Lol.

Second issue which is a new one, when pressing on the bottom part of the rear climate control panel it feels as if the button isn't installed properly. Seems as if it is hitting something when you press on it. I don't know how else to describe it. I wonder if this is a common problem or if it is even considered a problem at all, I'd like to know of resolutions before I bring it in to get it fixed if possible.

Thanks all!
Hi, the airplay disconnect is a well-documented issue on the forums and has been occurring on C300s. I believe your best bet is to update to iOS 17, since I haven't had a wireless disconnect after. Before this, my wireless CarPlay would drop all the time. The easiest solution I've found was to hold and press the power button under the A/C controls until the center screen turns off and flashes the MB logo again (even mid drive). My phone would always reconnect CarPlay after resetting (sometimes, you have to hit the carplay logo in the top, left corner).

As for your second issue, the buttons on the panel below the A/C controls aren't actually buttons, it's once piece of plastic with capacitive touch control. It feels weird because you think you're pressing a button, but a whole strip of plastic sinks in. It's the same with your door controls like the heated/ventilated seat, lock/unlocked, and even the seat adjustment. Also your steering wheel buttons. MB says such controls are more expensive to produce but I prefer individual buttons, especially the old seat adjustments