2019 C300 Car Port Phone Calls - No one can hear me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
2019 C300 Car Port Phone Calls - No one can hear me

Hello,

I've been having a recent issue with my 2019 C300. When I plug my phone into the USB for car play and make a phone call, the people on the other line cannot hear me. My sound is very low. I've brought this to two different Mercedes dealerships in my area and they both tried playing with settings and updating the software, etc. None of that worked. I've tried to change the phone, plug, etc. I feel like the Mercedes dealerships are just giving me an excuse at this point to not find out what the issue is but this is super annoying on my end. The last dealership I went to didn't even test out the system. They had my car for 3 days and did a software update and didn't check that it worked. Then gave me excuses. I just want to find out what the issue is and fix it. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 01-10-2024, 09:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Wrong place, you should ask this question on the W205 forum
Old 01-10-2024, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,827 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
As said above, you are in the wrong forum, but it is not quite clear from your post if this issue only occurs when making phone calls via CarPlay or also if the phone isn't plugged in and connected through Bluetooth. Also, does your voice command system still work? I had a similar issue with my 2019 C63S after I had some work done on the headliner. I first noticed it because the voice command system didn't hear me anymore. Turned out there was some paper under the headliner that blocked both microphones. Not sure if that paper is supposed to be there or something they left in there when they fixed the rattle, but they ended up removing the microphone covers and cutting out the paper that was blocking them and now everything is working again.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
thanks for letting me know the right forum for this. I can repost there but my Bluetooth, car play and voice command all do not work which leads me to believe it’s the microphones.

Originally Posted by superswiss
As said above, you are in the wrong forum, but it is not quite clear from your post if this issue only occurs when making phone calls via CarPlay or also if the phone isn't plugged in and connected through Bluetooth. Also, does your voice command system still work? I had a similar issue with my 2019 C63S after I had some work done on the headliner. I first noticed it because the voice command system didn't hear me anymore. Turned out there was some paper under the headliner that blocked both microphones. Not sure if that paper is supposed to be there or something they left in there when they fixed the rattle, but they ended up removing the microphone covers and cutting out the paper that was blocking them and now everything is working again.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,827 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by jamsterjm
thanks for letting me know the right forum for this. I can repost there but my Bluetooth, car play and voice command all do not work which leads me to believe it’s the microphones.
Yes, I bet your microphones are blocked as well if nothing that uses the microphones works or a connection came loose. There are diagnostics procedures to test the microphones. Sounds like the dealerships you've been to kinda suck, but it's fairly straight forward to diagnose if the microphones work or not. Have you told them that voice command etc. doesn't work, either?