C-Class (W206) 2021 to
View Poll Results: Do Charging Iterruptions work for you?
Yes - Car remembers any settings I make
0%
No - I have to reset the interruption period
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

C300E Charging Interruptions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300e
C300E Charging Interruptions

I use the charging Interruptions feature to take advantage of overnight off-peak electricity rates. It works as expected, but after a journey or two the interruption period sets itself to 12:00 am to 12:00am, meaning I have to constantly reset it. My dealer has been upable to resolve this.

Interested to know if anyone else has this problem, if if your cars remember the charging interruptions when set.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
Is that a setting something only available in the car as I haven’t seen it in the app?
I use the scheduled charging feature on my podpoint charger as it’s easy to set a schedule in the app. If I want to override it then I just hit the ‘charge now’ button and select the number of hours.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:32 AM

C300e
Originally Posted by Murton
Is that a setting something only available in the car as I haven’t seen it in the app?
I use the scheduled charging feature on my podpoint charger as it’s easy to set a schedule in the app. If I want to override it then I just hit the ‘charge now’ button and select the number of hours.
the setting is available in the car & Mercedes Me app. I often charge with a granny cable as our other car is fully electric & we only have one charger.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
Ah ok. It is there but I hadn’t noticed it before.

I know if I use the standard profile and set a different charge level to charge up to then it seems to reset itself. So I have a home program set and just switch to that when I don’t need to charge to 100%
However charge interruptions cannot be set per charging profile so that isn’t a workaround you can do. That’s why I don’t use it. Most of the time I want to charge overnight but sometimes I need to topup in the evening which is much more awkward to do via the Mercedes app.

In general the way the car handles charging schedules is very poor. I wish they wouldn’t link the preheat time into the charging schedule. If I want to charge by 5:30 because that’s when the cheap electricity rate ends then i cannot set the car to warm up by 7:45 because the two features are linked. So I have a timer set on the podpoint charger to start at 0:30 and finish at 8:00. It charges the car and then sits at end of charge and I can manually turn on the preheat if I wish and then unplug the charger when I leave.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
I dont personally use the charge interruptions as the software is not fully there yet with its bugs and quirks. I remember i tried the pre-heat schedule plan and the next time I tried to charge, nothing happened. In the end I ended up tampering with the quick charge setting on my app and charging then suddenly worked. So the scheduled planning on the car isn't something i would trust. Setting the charging timer on the power wall might be the best option if you have an electric charger at home. I'm only using the 3 pin power plug wall charging at the moment.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e300de
Originally Posted by mikejluk
I use the charging Interruptions feature to take advantage of overnight off-peak electricity rates. It works as expected, but after a journey or two the interruption period sets itself to 12:00 am to 12:00am, meaning I have to constantly reset it. My dealer has been upable to resolve this.

Interested to know if anyone else has this problem, if if your cars remember the charging interruptions when set.
Same issue on e300de

charge interruption sets it’s self to 12:00-12:00 meaning the car will refuse to charge after a trip or two, very annoying and basically crippling the functionality completely. No way to take advantage of off peak rates without using a Zappi or similar dedicated car charger with on board charge settings.

this is going on 3 months now without a fix.

Image of setting screen. As you can see, set from 7am -2am. After one successful evening it will revert to 12:00-12:00 meaning no charging will take place full stop.

Last edited by craig085; 04-23-2024 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:11 AM

C300e
My local dealer had my car for best part of 4 weeks trying to resolve this. Most of that time was spent waiting for MB UK to respond. They did something unrelated to the charging schedules (sorry, can't remember what), and now the interruptions will stay for 4 or 5 charging cycles before resetting. Progress of sorts.

The car is with them again now, due to it dying last week. They've done some software updates & replaced a pre-fuse box, so waiting to see if any of that fixes the issue.