C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2023 C300 not starting - error messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 BMW 430i GC
2023 C300 not starting - error messages

Hello everyone. I bought my 2023 C300 last May so I have been driving it for 8 months now. It has about 5000 miles on it. So far I love the car and no real concerns. This was all good till last weekend. I parked the car at Costco and went into the store. I came back to the car 30 minutes later and the trunk did not pop up using the key fob. It just unlocked. I had to open it and close it manually. I got in the car afterwards to a full parade of error messages on the dashboard. A combination of SOS Inoperative, Inoperative Vehicle, Restraint System Malfunction, and a few more. A total mess. Car would not start. Tried getting out of the car and locking it and unlocking it but nothing worked.

I spent 30 minutes trying many things which were all a waste of time. I was getting ready to have the car towed to the dealer but I hated that it was Sunday and the dealer is closed. I remembered seeing a long thread on the 2023 X254 GLC forum about cars not starting. I scrolled through that thread and saw a recommendation to lock the car and leave it 15 minutes. I did that and it worked. Everything back to normal afterwards. Based on that thread, it "may" be a software glitch that needs updating. It has not happened again since then. I am planning to bring it to the dealer at my next service appointment. I am not planning on taking the car there specifically for this issue unless it happens again.

Has anyone dealt with the same issue? Thanks

Last edited by AlexTheMan; 01-31-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
Who knows why the car does this, no reason or pattens to indicate how these issues are occurring.
People often just switch it off, give it a few mins and come back and magically it comes back.

If you haven't done so, call your local dealership and ask them to make a note of the problem and that you have photo evidence of the issue. If it happens again and you report it then its on your log file. 3rd time I would bring it in and ask them to diagnose the issue.
The problem with some dealerships is that they wouldn't have a clue either, but if the issue keeps arising then you've got everything on file and can put a complain or for it to go under warranty work .