C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Ghost II operation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220d
Ghost II operation

After advice from someone that has a Ghost II fitted. I had one previously fitted in a GLC that I owned and if wrong code entered or just forgot to enter code I could switch off and start again. I have transferred it over to my C220 and all hell breaks loose if I forget to enter code or enter it wrong. I can switch car off and back on and re enter correct code but I get the red stop car and read manual displayed. I can drive car for about 30 mins then the 48v battery critical alert comes up. Eventually after another 15 odd minutes I get a warning that the car will shut down in 3 mins which it does. The only way I have found to reset it all is to lock the car and leave it for about an hour then everything goes back to normal. Just wondering if the Ghost has been wired correctly or if anyone knows a reset mode. I know the ghost works as if code isn't entered the car doesn't move.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:20 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
That sounds like battery/alternator is failing due to the car thinking that the battery voltage has dropped to a critical level. What happens when you try restarting it after 3 mins? This sounds like a fitting issue, my W206 has a similar immobiliser and even if I don't deactivate it, I have no fault codes when I eventually do. See if autowatch have a support number or contact your installer because that's not right. Next time I'd look at a Thatcham approved alarm btw so you have insurance benefits, things like Metatrak are good.
The following users liked this post:
Abbz (02-05-2024)