C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Camerea View Reduced error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 10:25 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
C300 W206 2022 / A3 Audi 2022
Camerea View Reduced error

I was driving in heavy rain and I started seeing these error messages. One was Camera View Reduced and others were related to the icons you see in the picture (one said something about High Beam Assist), They flashed by too fast for me to document. I have since intermittently been getting these same messages even when it is not raining. Primarily the Camera View error. I read something on other forums about a dirty sensor but the car is clean, or at least has been a lot dirtier sometimes. Also read something about a recall associated with this error on a different model.

Anyone know what this is? Sorry for the blurry photo but I was driving on the Freeway.

Last edited by Steely; 02-19-2024 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
Yes this seems to be a common fault with the number of sensors the front of the car has. It might be a faulty camera module (where the rear view mirror) sits
I get this sometimes but not often now. It could be dirty where the camera or the front badge is located however worth going into your local dealership to have it on record and see if they have steps to rectify, fix or update any software.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C300 Sedan
My car had this same issue. It first started late last year and over a couple months became more frequent and took longer for the error to clear itself. I took my car to the dealership in January and they ended up cleaning the inside of the windshield where the cameras are located and replacing a camera module. That resolved the issue.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
C300 W206 2022 / A3 Audi 2022
Thanks. I just checked the windshield and front badge, they were not dirty but I cleaned them anyway. I have a feeling I will end up at the dealership again to get this fixed.