C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Replace front springs S206 C300e, any good ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S206 2022 C300e
Replace front springs S206 C300e, any good ideas?

I've been struggling with the removal of the front struts on my C300 e estate for a few days.
  • Initially i tried to loosen the lower control arm (1), but the bolt is too long and interferes with the torsion bar bushing, tried manipulating with a bottle jack but it's just not possible.
  • Next i disconnected the strut lower bolt and used a bar as leverage to force the whole hub/control arm assembly down, but just as the strut will clear the control arm it can't jag be pushed down anymore, really close, 10 mm and it would be free but it would not give any more.
  • What I haven't tried yet is:
    • Raise both front wheels and disconnect the torsion bar on both sides (3) and then force the whole thing down.
    • Somehow compress the strut with a ratchet strap just enough to clear the control arm.
I asked a tech and he said to get it on a lift remove all aero covers under the car, disconnect the roll bar bushings from the car, loosen the lower control arm and then remove the strut. I'm still hoping for an alternative to that procedure.

Last edited by RealElwood; 06-17-2024 at 01:37 PM.