C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Could Use a Little Help - Screwed Up Setting Profiles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2024, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Could Use a Little Help - Screwed Up Setting Profiles

Took delivery of 2024 C300 (after trading in my "baby shark" 1999 CLK Red Rag Top with 71K (she will be missed) and spent 2+ hours trying to setup the garage door opener before finding simple answer on this forum (thanks you) and achieved success in under 1 minute.

Today's (Saturday) challenge is to sort out creating two profiles - somehow after leaving the dealer with Driver A setup, adding Driver B ended up with a clone of Driver A's information without any ability to customize Name, Preferences etc.

Thought I would check with the resident experts - should I just delete them both off of the car & iPhones (2) and start Fresh?

Or is deleting the 2nd Driver solving the problem then I simply add it back?

One question, with only two drivers, Husband and Wife - is it just simpler to create one profile and learn to live with it?

Cheers,

KJ
Old 09-01-2024, 08:37 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Are your preferences very different? I've just got a generic account, everyone uses CarPlay and then for seating position just use the memory seats settings. If you have very different setups I'd suggest just deleting both accounts and remaking them in case there's a a glitch/backend link between them.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:21 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by SWFL-Driver
Took delivery of 2024 C300 (after trading in my "baby shark" 1999 CLK Red Rag Top with 71K (she will be missed) and spent 2+ hours trying to setup the garage door opener before finding simple answer on this forum (thanks you) and achieved success in under 1 minute.

Today's (Saturday) challenge is to sort out creating two profiles - somehow after leaving the dealer with Driver A setup, adding Driver B ended up with a clone of Driver A's information without any ability to customize Name, Preferences etc.

Thought I would check with the resident experts - should I just delete them both off of the car & iPhones (2) and start Fresh?

Or is deleting the 2nd Driver solving the problem then I simply add it back?

One question, with only two drivers, Husband and Wife - is it just simpler to create one profile and learn to live with it?

Cheers,

KJ
Make sure the profiles are tied to different Mercedes me accounts. The profiles are tied to email or phone. I don't think you need to delete both accounts, only if the issue occurs again, at which point, I would do a reset of mbux from settings instead.

Last edited by 818benz; 09-03-2024 at 06:32 AM.