C-Class (W206) 2021 to

How can I find what ship my 2025 C300 is on??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 07:51 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
How can I find what ship my 2025 C300 is on??

Hi everyone

long time member here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question and I’m unable to get an answer from my dealer and I’ll explain why.

I’m trading in my 2022 C300 sedan for a 2025 C300 sedan because the incentives financially from Mercedes we’re just too good to be true with my lease being up in five months. So when I was talking to my dealer to make the deal, they actually were making a deal for me on a car that was already under contract and hadn’t been marked sold in their system. So they had to find another car for me in alpine gray with the options. I wanted on it, which is the AMG package, the exclusive package, panorama sunroof, and the 19” multi spoke wheels was on a car coming in to another dealer.

They were able to do a dealer trade for a car that is as they put it “ on the water” which I assume means it’s on a boat coming to the port of Long Beach as I live in Los Angeles. So this was not a car that I ordered so I don’t have a customer PO number, but I do have a VIN number from the spec sheet. My dealer is not sure when the car is going to be here supposedly within the next two weeks and of course me being OCD. I wanna know when my car is getting into the Long Beach port

I assume from reading the very helpful threads on this forum that my car is coming from the South Africa to Long Beach.

My question to all you helpful people because I do read the threads on this forum a lot, is there a way to track what boat my car is on based on the VIN numbe? I do see The.Gaia Leader Vehicle carrier coming into Long Beach on October 19th , but I don’t know if my car is on that boat because the dealer says they don’t have the information regarding the ship since they didn’t order the car they traded for the car while it’s in route.

I am getting the car pictured below and I know a lot of you aren’t fans of the Alpine gray, but I fell in love with it even though I haven’t seen it in person yet on a Mercedes C 300. It will have black interior AMG package multi spoke wheels and this time I’m getting the black mb tex because my last two C300’s (this us my 4th one) cars have had red leather and I’m kind of over the red leather and plus the seats on the red leather.are hard as rocks. The car is pretty loaded It’s got the exclusive package, heated and cooled seats, AMG package. Animated projector logo, panorama sunroof you guys get the idea it’s pretty loaded. Once I receive the car, I’ll be tinting the windows at 15% and then getting it ceramic coated by my Detailer. I look forward to driving something other than a white car because my last few cars have been the polar white.

if any of you have an idea of how I can find the boat my car is on, would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Debbie

The image below is of a car with my color and the rims that I found on a YouTube review

Last edited by Dstopsie; 10-17-2024 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Fix mistakes
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
No, there's no public database where you can find this out. The vessel this car is on is shown in NETSTAR. That's the order system the Mercedes dealerships use. It makes sense that one dealership can't see another dealership's orders, so to find out you have to contact the dealership that ordered the car. Not sure why your sales person can't pick up the phone and get that information from the other dealership.
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:26 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
No, there's no public database where you can find this out. The vessel this car is on is shown in NETSTAR. That's the order system the Mercedes dealerships use. It makes sense that one dealership can't see another dealership's orders, so to find out you have to contact the dealership that ordered the car. Not sure why your sales person can't pick up the phone and get that information from the other dealership.
thank you!!! I will ask them to do that if I don’t have any further updates by this Monday as that will be two weeks it’s been “on the water”….as they call it.

one further question are you sure dealerships can’t see other dealerships orders because that is how she found this car was on its way to Los Angeles. She looked for a car with what I wanted in the alpine grey color and then contacted the other dealership to get the trade approved.

Last edited by Dstopsie; 10-17-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
thank you!!! I will ask them to do that if I don’t have any further updates by this Monday as that will be two weeks it’s been “on the water”….as they call it.

one further question are you sure dealerships can’t see other dealerships orders because that is how she found this car was on its way to Los Angeles. She looked for a car with what I wanted in the alpine grey color and then contacted the other dealership to get the trade approved.
I don't know for sure what they can see, but they do have access to inventory and the status. So it's not surprising that they can see if a car listed in the inventory is actually on site yet or still in transport, but most likely they can't see the actual PO. I am gonna say, though it sounds like your sales person is just lazy. Pretty sure they can find out by calling the distributor at least, or better yet the other dealership that they are arranging the trade with.
Old 10-17-2024 | 11:52 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't know for sure what they can see, but they do have access to inventory and the status. So it's not surprising that they can see if a car listed in the inventory is actually on site yet or still in transport, but most likely they can't see the actual PO. I am gonna say, though it sounds like your sales person is just lazy. Pretty sure they can find out by calling the distributor at least, or better yet the other dealership that they are arranging the trade with.

ok. Thanks. She is a good salesperson, this is my 3rd car through her and the VIP Sales manager, 4th from that dealership. I don’t think she is lazy, it’s just want is importantly to me like tracking the boat, may not be to her. I will find out from her if I don’t see anything new by Monday. But that you so much for the replies. It’s appreciated!! I just hope I don’t have any issues with this car that I had with my 2022 that sat at the port for like seven months because Mercedes wouldn’t release him and I ended up getting one of those cars that had to have their brakes and rotors replaced because of the thumping noise so I’m hoping this one goes more smoothly!!!