C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Exterior carbon package on W218?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLA45
Exterior carbon package on W218?

I have a 2012 CLS63 on order, due here in late June.

On the first order sheet I saw, "exterior carbon package" was listed as an option. I asked what it entailed, but was told it is not available in the U.S.

No big deal, but I am curious as to what it would have involved, other than a carbon fiber rear spoiler, which I'll get anyway as part of the performance package. I've seen pics of carbon fiber exterior mirrors, so I assume these would have been part of the package. Maybe a carbon fiber chin spoiler?

I really liked the looks of the carbon fiber mirrors -- but not $3000 worth. Maybe they will be available from aftermarket suppliers?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
they r expensive from aftermarket aswell..............a bit cheaper than dealer
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
It is strange that they told you it is not available in the US. When I checked my order aprox. 1 month ago, it was still on the dealer order screen as a US option. I believe the price was $3150. A little steep! It gives cf on the front chin spoiler, exterior mirrors, trunk spoiler and rear diffuser. If you search the web, there are a lot of pictures with this option. Personally, I think it is not that good looking on a light car. The trunk spoiler and mirrors do not blend in with the dark cf, and therefore look a little "aftermarket" to me. The chin spoiler and rear diffuser would look good in cf, but are not that noticable.

I found in my ordering process that it is very frustrating to find much information from MBUSA or the dealer. The dealers say they get little information from MBUSA, and when you call MBUSA they tell you to go to a dealer! Maybe the exterior carbon package is like the designo option. It is advertised and shown, but it can not be ordered.