C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS 63 AMG 2012 or Cayenne Turbo 2012?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012
Originally Posted by 06E55
Because what I was saying was just so harsh?
Why won't you leave this thread?
If you're not interested in the main topic it would be much better for you to leave the thread.
Thank you.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 AM

BMW 7 series
i am sorry to hear about your father

get a matte white CLS63
Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by salman8
Why won't you leave this thread?
If you're not interested in the main topic it would be much better for you to leave the thread.
Thank you.
Who said I wasn't interested, oh insightful one? What I do find uninteresting is your sob story...
Old 07-22-2011, 06:02 AM

Who said I wasn't interested, oh insightful one? What I do find uninteresting is your sob story...
I didn't say anything about a sob story... Someone just asked me a personal question that is none of your business and you made fun of that.
Please leave this thread.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I didn't say anything about a sob story... Someone just asked me a personal question that is none of your business and you made fun of that.
BTW,my condolences. What did you decide to do?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM

That's the thing tho. You don't know if his inheritance is a 100k, a million, 10 mil, 100 mil or even 10k. No need for you to worry about that(and let's be serious..anyyyybody..no matter their networth.. who is buying a CLS..especially a new one..is making a horrible investment. We buy it because we enjoy it.). Anyway, He asked a simple question that has a simple answer....get the CLS!!! ..the cayenne was cool when it came out...but its style is stale to me now..and its not like it can outperform the amg.
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Sorry to hear,
Not trying to be a d!ck or anything but you can do ALOT more important things with a $100,000+ dollars especially if its inherited, put it towards a down payment on a house or invest it towards school or a business, your only 20 years old and I really wouldn't recommend blowing it on a expensive car which is only gonna last you a couple of years.
Unless your inheritance is $1,000,000+ then by all means go for it.

IMO you really learn to appreciate something more in life when you have worked for it, not given to you.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigben320e
BTW,my condolences. What did you decide to do?
I'm going for the CLS... probably silver exterior / designo interior
Old 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Salman8 is right. Someone asked him a personal question and he kindly responded to it even though he didn't have to.

Interested? Every post in this thread is you hating on the kid. If anything, you're the one coming off as a troll. Leave the kid alone.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by danlnyc
Salman8 is right. Someone asked him a personal question and he kindly responded to it even though he didn't have to.

Interested? Every post in this thread is you hating on the kid. If anything, you're the one coming off as a troll. Leave the kid alone.
Thanks man, hopefully he will understand.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Sorry to hear,
Not trying to be a d!ck or anything but you can do ALOT more important things with a $100,000+ dollars especially if its inherited, put it towards a down payment on a house or invest it towards school or a business, your only 20 years old and I really wouldn't recommend blowing it on a expensive car which is only gonna last you a couple of years.
Unless your inheritance is $1,000,000+ then by all means go for it.

IMO you really learn to appreciate something more in life when you have worked for it, not given to you.
+100

Are you sure you really want to be spending that money on a CAR? You should give this a lot of thought before going through with it. $100K+ is a lot of money...and you still have to think about insurance, maintenance, gas, etcetc. That money will run out in no time. I only say this because I've personally seen my friends recieve a lot of money from similar situations and they BLEW it on stupid sh*t. Now they're broke.

Think this through!!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I'm going for the CLS... probably silver exterior / designo interior
Cool, nice choice. I would have went with the black on black, but still a nice choice.

Not to beat a dead horse, and as said we don't know about your money situation but think it through on the money and depreciation part. I am sure you will make a wise decision.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Made fun of what exactly? All I said is mummy and daddy were buying it for you... Most 20 year olds simply aren't in the position to purchase such a vehicle on their own, hence my comment. You are the one who chose to post about your father's passing a year ago and in the same sentence you tell me to "tread lightly." Maybe you are the one who should tread lightly here... Seeing that you are only 20, maybe you don't have the maturity level yet to see where I am coming from...

Originally Posted by danlnyc

It is his choice to post the response, not mine. I surely have said no unkind words in regards to his father passing. Hating on the kid? Hardly? So everyone else that made comments regarding the vehicles in question is hating on him as well?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:58 PM

:)
Cls62 all the way..... I love mine, the bi-turbo is a beast... beside the new Cayenne turbo body is very sold, last generation Cayenne body is way better...and plus you will be bored driving a Cayenne !!!! if you want real fun, go buy a use exotic for 100k and will probably hold its value very well, buying a CLS 63 today, you will loose approx 40k to 50k with 36 months.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Yeah, pretty much anyone getting the new CLS63 this year is paying to be among the first to have one, but I must say...this thing sure is causing a lot of rubber necking.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Thanks man, hopefully he will understand.
So your signature says you now drive a '12 Cayenne Turbo...yet you say you're going for the CLS63. Which is it?

Once you actually buy said vehicle, we'll need a pic of you in the trunk w/that day's newspaper or ban.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
So your signature says you now drive a '12 Cayenne Turbo...yet you say you're going for the CLS63. Which is it?

Once you actually buy said vehicle, we'll need a pic of you in the trunk w/that day's newspaper or ban.
I have ordered the Cayenne and it is due to arrive on early October...
But when I saw the CLS 63 a few days ago I changed my mind and decided to cancel the Porsche and go for the Mercedes (although I realize its a completely different car), but at the time I ordered the Cayenne no other car popped into my head until the CLS.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 AM

2008 Black CLS 550
Sorry to hear,

God damn right! I still remember the day when I first saw CLS on road back in 2006. It was on Melrose and i was like wtf is that ! That day I said to myself I'm gonna get this car one day.. and now I own one !!! Even though I bought a CPO, I'm damn proud of myself, lol. I have never loved a car so much! My next goal is the new CLS63 AMG! I could easily have my dad purchase one for me, but man the feeling you get when you buy a car with your hard earned money... priceless! I'm 24 btw.

Last edited by ODoyleRulz; 07-27-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I have ordered the Cayenne and it is due to arrive on early October...
But when I saw the CLS 63 a few days ago I changed my mind and decided to cancel the Porsche and go for the Mercedes (although I realize its a completely different car), but at the time I ordered the Cayenne no other car popped into my head until the CLS.
Whatever you decide to get bro enjoy it and don't let the haters get to you. You don't owe anyone an explanation on how you are able to afford it. Sorry to hear about your father.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Hey Salman Congrats on the car at 20! I myself am 20 turning 21 in September… (birthday’s the 4th, and the c63 comes on the 9th! You can say it’s a perfect birthday present for myself haha). Everyone on these forums are car enthusiasts some saving up years to afford the car of their dreams. When they see young guys like us getting cars like these it can strike a nerve. Don’t take it personally, do anything in life you can to be happy, no regrets! If my father passed, I would most certainly buy a car it would be something that we have most in common and really would give substance to our relationship. It becomes so much more than a car at that point.

Anyways about the cars… the Cayenne Turbo is a wicked car. My dad currently drives an ML 500 and was considering the same two cars, a faster SUV or a wicked looking car he can have fun with. (I was the one pushing the AMG, come on now!) In the end the Cayenne won him over but it was close. I test drove the Porsche with him and I must say its really quick! Stick with the truck, you’ll be happy! Plus you can take 1 extra friend with you. The looks of the CLS are amazing, so you cant go wrong with either one! For myself the cars looks came secondary, if I wanted the car to get the ladies I would have bought an audi… just saying.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Hey Salman Congrats on the car at 20! I myself am 20 turning 21 in September… (birthday’s the 4th, and the c63 comes on the 9th! You can say it’s a perfect birthday present for myself haha). Everyone on these forums are car enthusiasts some saving up years to afford the car of their dreams. When they see young guys like us getting cars like these it can strike a nerve. Don’t take it personally, do anything in life you can to be happy, no regrets! If my father passed, I would most certainly buy a car it would be something that we have most in common and really would give substance to our relationship. It becomes so much more than a car at that point.

Anyways about the cars… the Cayenne Turbo is a wicked car. My dad currently drives an ML 500 and was considering the same two cars, a faster SUV or a wicked looking car he can have fun with. (I was the one pushing the AMG, come on now!) In the end the Cayenne won him over but it was close. I test drove the Porsche with him and I must say its really quick! Stick with the truck, you’ll be happy! Plus you can take 1 extra friend with you. The looks of the CLS are amazing, so you cant go wrong with either one! For myself the cars looks came secondary, if I wanted the car to get the ladies I would have bought an audi… just saying.
You got to be joking right?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just my opinion that Audi = best sex appeal for the money. Seriously a little TT black on black and the ladies are staring!! Obviously the CLS is a really sexy car, but girls love audis more! its just a fact. A couple of months ago i posted a picture of the RS5, M3 coupe, and 2012 C63 on my fb... every girl said she'd take the audi, not one said the benz or beemer .

Last edited by VaclavSV; 07-29-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 AM

lol you used both "opinion" and "fact" in that paragraph. But anyway keep in mind we are talking about a CLS not a C....yes a C prob won't turn heads because there are a lot of them rolling around(understandably) but a CLS?!?...I'm sure would turn heads wayy more often than anyyy audi(other than possibly the high sports car). Anyway, it's possibly in the area you live in that might hold true..it's just hard to believe.

also... In my area, most TT's are driven by females...

Just my opinion that Audi = best sex appeal for the money. Seriously a little TT black on black and the ladies are staring!! Obviously the CLS is a really sexy car, but girls love audis more! its just a fact. A couple of months ago i posted a picture of the RS5, M3 coupe, and 2012 C63 on my fb... every girl said she'd take the audi, not one said the benz or beemer .

Last edited by erifly; 07-29-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my "opinion" was that audi provide that 'sex appeal' for less money. The "fact" was that girls like them more. but yah the TT is such a womens car.. hence why mom mom drives one. haha. but the number of looks and smiles you get in it is ridiculous. Ive even had a number left on the windshield in the mall parking lot from a girl as she saw me get out and walk away... we actually went out a few times before I went back to school, only she wasnt that impressed when I picked her up in my 2005 pontiac instead of the TT jks. Obviously an aston or lambo will turn head its just out of most peoples budget... the CLS is that sexy 4 door coupe, one of a kind really. Would definitely turn heads but its quite expensive compared to an audi (S5, S4, TT...). I love the CLS, and its an amzing car, I was just saying that for me an audi would do the trick with the looks for less money
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 PM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
my "opinion" was that audi provide that 'sex appeal' for less money. The "fact" was that girls like them more. but yah the TT is such a womens car.. hence why mom mom drives one. haha. but the number of looks and smiles you get in it is ridiculous. Ive even had a number left on the windshield in the mall parking lot from a girl as she saw me get out and walk away... we actually went out a few times before I went back to school, only she wasnt that impressed when I picked her up in my 2005 pontiac instead of the TT jks. Obviously an aston or lambo will turn head its just out of most peoples budget... the CLS is that sexy 4 door coupe, one of a kind really. Would definitely turn heads but its quite expensive compared to an audi (S5, S4, TT...). I love the CLS, and its an amzing car, I was just saying that for me an audi would do the trick with the looks for less money
I believe it.....

...you are 20.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Whatever you decide to get bro enjoy it and don't let the haters get to you. You don't owe anyone an explanation on how you are able to afford it. Sorry to hear about your father.
Thanks man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS 63 AMG 2012 or Cayenne Turbo 2012?