C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS 63 FML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG
CLS 63 FML

So I had purchased a 2012 CLS 63 on the 18th of Nov from DTLA motors and I love the car everything about it, BUT on the 27th as I was driving a light came on saying that there was a power steering malfunction and to see the owners manual. The light was red and I was beginning to make a left and WOW no power steering on this machine is insane!!! So I call roadside assistance they wanna tow my car in the dealer and it was a Sunday so I was thinking I am not gonna leave my car outside so drove home luckly I was 1 mile from my home. I call the service advisor at southbay Mercedes and took it in at 2 pm Mon the 28th. He did the diagnosis on it and I needed a new power steering motor with a new rack n pinion setup. Soooo I was pretty pissed car only had 375 miles to be exact he gave me a ETA on the part arriving and it is the 24th of DEC and not only that he said that its probably gonna take longer than that. So I was told I'm probably gonna get my car back from the dealer in the middle of Jan 2012 . They gave a rental car a freakin C250, I feel as if Im paying a lot of money for a C class and also contacted Mercedes customer care and they wanna take it one day at a time and get the facts straight. I don't know what facts they need to get straight when all the answers are there on what the service writer had told me. I was thinking of cantacting my lawyer to lemon the car cause I dont want a car with this issue, it recurring again, my safety, and it wont feel new anymore its gonna be takin all apart I understand issues due happen like door hinges a knob but at 375 miles and 9 days come on!!! Do any of you guys know if getting a new car is doable? For being in the shop this early for a month and a half.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by blee920
So I had purchased a 2012 CLS 63 on the 18th of Nov from DTLA motors and I love the car everything about it, BUT on the 27th as I was driving a light came on saying that there was a power steering malfunction and to see the owners manual. The light was red and I was beginning to make a left and WOW no power steering on this machine is insane!!! So I call roadside assistance they wanna tow my car in the dealer and it was a Sunday so I was thinking I am not gonna leave my car outside so drove home luckly I was 1 mile from my home. I call the service advisor at southbay Mercedes and took it in at 2 pm Mon the 28th. He did the diagnosis on it and I needed a new power steering motor with a new rack n pinion setup. Soooo I was pretty pissed car only had 375 miles to be exact he gave me a ETA on the part arriving and it is the 24th of DEC and not only that he said that its probably gonna take longer than that. So I was told I'm probably gonna get my car back from the dealer in the middle of Jan 2012 . They gave a rental car a freakin C250, I feel as if Im paying a lot of money for a C class and also contacted Mercedes customer care and they wanna take it one day at a time and get the facts straight. I don't know what facts they need to get straight when all the answers are there on what the service writer had told me. I was thinking of cantacting my lawyer to lemon the car cause I dont want a car with this issue, it recurring again, my safety, and it wont feel new anymore its gonna be takin all apart I understand issues due happen like door hinges a knob but at 375 miles and 9 days come on!!! Do any of you guys know if getting a new car is doable? For being in the shop this early for a month and a half.
Get on the phone with MBUSA quick and explain what happened. They should advise from there, I would be sure to raise hell with them about your displeasure. Mercedes really needs to a better job on these types of issues, you pay this much for a new car, and it flops out on the power steering with less than 500 miles on it? Over a month in the shop brand new? Seems unacceptable to me.

Now of course you are wondering...what else is going to malfunction?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
From my understanding; lemon law has to be several times (repeated) for the same issue no, for it to be considered?

Yes i would be pissed for it happeneing on a brand new car...any chance your car was a demo one for track events ?...

I wish you luck man not cool especially for it to finish mid Jan, guessing they do not have the part in stock

Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 AM

CLS 63 AMG
I did get on the phone with MB USA and they said they want to take it one day at a time and that they need to get there facts straight.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Wow...sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything gets worked out for the best.

On a different note... SCREW DTLA Motors. They tried to screw me over after I ordered my 211 through them. My dad got his W215 CL from them so I thought they would take care of me. After causing a scene for their mistake, I got my deposit refunded and bought my car from Fletcher Jones.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I did get on the phone with MB USA and they said they want to take it one day at a time and that they need to get there facts straight.
That is complete BS, MBUSA should be ashamed of themselves. What facts to get straight? You are screwed out of your car. Did you go up to a manager level?

I hate to hear about these types of things, MB just doesn't seem to understand that issues like this travels and more people will move away from Mercedes altogether. It seems they should have learned their lesson with the QC issues back some years ago.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM

CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
That is complete BS, MBUSA should be ashamed of themselves. What facts to get straight? You are screwed out of your car. Did you go up to a manager level?

I hate to hear about these types of things, MB just doesn't seem to understand that issues like this travels and more people will move away from Mercedes altogether. It seems they should have learned their lesson with the QC issues back some years ago.
Yeah I had got to a case manager her name is Andrea and she was the one saying one day at a time etc etc.. then I asked for compensation her reply was its gonna be up to the dealership not them so I asked for them to at least pay for the months plus more for the inconvenience of this happening also mention that I dont want the car anymore and she replies you cant get out of your car you signed a contract you better pay your payments if you want that to happen you have to speak to MB financial which they are a different company and as for paying for damages or issue that behind closed doors not your information. I was like are you serious behind closed doors what do you mean by that conversation really didnt go anywhere hung up on her and wrote everything down
Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Wow, very sorry to hear that.
Hope everything gets taken care of asap.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Here are the rules for Cali Lemon Law:

Click
Old 12-01-2011, 02:35 AM

Mercedes
That sucks man. They should at the VERY least make payments for December and January seeing as how the car is brand new, its their part that malfunctioned, and is preventing you from being able to drive your car. Not really much you can do that can make a power steering pump just all of a sudden go out. I'm curious to see how much more "investigating" it takes for them to give you straight answer.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 AM

CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
Here are the rules for Cali Lemon Law:

Click
I clicked on your link really appreciate it and i saw this " (3) The vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle."So since my car is going to be in the shop longer than 30days is it a lemon ?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferrari Scuderia
I just got my car and realized that one of my ac vents is not working and they told me that they might have to replace it but i will get the details after the national holidays here.....sucks to have suck problems on a brand new car
Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I clicked on your link really appreciate it and i saw this " (3) The vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle."So since my car is going to be in the shop longer than 30days is it a lemon ?
I do believe you have a point to stand on, I would jump on it and roll the dice.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:02 AM

cls63
Sorry to hear that. They need to make this situation right by you.