C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

What do you guys think about my next car? GTR-CLS 63-M6-C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 M3 DCT
What do you guys think about my next car? GTR-CLS 63-M6-C63

Hey guys, i am currently in the market for another car. Currently i have a 2011 335i msport that i will be trading in. I am looking for something that is either a 11 second car stock or that can be modified to run 11's and gets good handling ( not going to track all the time) with a nice exhaust note. Here is what im down to, let me know what you guys think for daily driving and drag strip.
2010 Nissan GTR
2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG
2009 BMW M6 Coupe
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Thanks

Last edited by Vic55; 12-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by keikdasneak
Hey guys, i am currently in the market for another car. Currently i have a 2011 335i msport that i will be trading in. I am looking for something that is either a 11 second car stock or that can be modified to run 11's and gets good handling ( not going to track all the time) with a nice exhaust note. Here is what im down to, let me know what you guys think for daily driving and drag strip.
2010 Nissan GTR
2009 BMW M6 Coupe

Thanks
Hey,

I think the best bet would be the '12 C63 based on what you are looking for... The C63 would be a brand new car and can be meet both of your requirements. It would be a definite upgrade from your 335 and will feel like "more car" if you know what I mean. The 09' CLS63 is a little different than all the other cars since it is a four door so you would have to decide exactly what suits your needs. I have a lot of experience with M6's and other BMW's, the tune + exhaust and headers would be needed to get you into the 10's, after that you would need nitrous.... Then there is the whole thing of paying for out of warranty issues especially if you go with a SMG. The GTR is a GTR, not the smoothest ride in the world but can be modded pretty easily and rather inexpensive.

Hope this helps a little...

Best,
Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
1. GT-R - Not as luxurious as the others, but is easy to mod and awd is a plus.
2. C63 - Light, very fast when modified, your money will go a long way with this car
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by keikdasneak
2010 Nissan GTR
2009 BMW M6 Coupe

Thanks
I have owned 3 of the 4 cars (well my cls is the new model) and have the same engine as the C63 in my 2010 E63... here is my "short and skinny"

GTR: For me (I say this seriously) the GTR is not a daily driver- its a great 2nd, 3rd, or 4th car (LOL). Its just not practical for me to go do what I need to do. Now keep in mind there are many daily driver GTR's but not here. Now performancewise its the best bang for the buck- great track car, great drag car, great street car, and with a few mods you have a 10 second car all day. The stock exhaust is a kitty- you will need to change it but if you do, baaaaaaaaam its loud (depending on what you do).

CLS63: Its the N/A version (as you stated 2009) so its a good mix of looks and power- a nice GT cruiser but modwise its not that easy to get the car super fast. This car would be a great everyday car but the performance would pale in comparo to a GTR. Handling, tracking, drag, street handling would all be deficient to the GTR but still would spank almost all the cars on the road today.

2009 M6: I owned a modded 2007... great car. I used mine for daily driving and it was acceptable but it wont be as easy as the CLS. The S85 engine is a super high reving machine and it requires you to be on it to get the most out of it. You have to drive the car at 8/10ths or more to really move. RPM's have to be in the 6k range to 8250 to get peak hp. Its definitely rewarding but can get tiring if you are lazy or love a TQ beast which this car is not. Trackingwise it will be ok with a decent chassis but it will not be a drag car- launching this thing sucks and if you line up at a light against an AMG said goodbye. Its sufficient for street handling and the v10 engine and its exhaust is a great thing to hear. I had an aftermarket exhaust and the car sounded amazing- best sound Ive had in a car and Ive had a lot of cars with modded exhausts. The transmission (SMGIII) is a bit rough and some may find it annoying; I dealt with it but its not optimal and now has become quite dated with the invent of DCT and MCT.

2012 C63: Never owned one, driven one several times... less luxury than the above models (even with gtr IMHO) and a good daily driver like the CLS. I think its the most practical of the lot when it comes to doing errands, parking, and local manuevering. Trackwise it will be a great car with its lighter body than the CLS and it can be modded to some good drag times. It also will handle very well around town. Its a good all rounder that you can get new and that means warranty and piece of mind. The exhaust note is very good too- a solid growl at start up and under WOT. But its a more basic car than any of the above lookswise and if you want to get lost amongst the masses it might make sense to get the C. The MCT tranny will make up some of the lost efficiency between the standard tranny of the older variants but its not as good as the tranny in the GTR.

So there are some quick thoughts... you need to drive the cars and figure out what you want not just for the quick moment but over a period of time. The GTR will do everything you want performancewise but its not the best daily driver. The C is probably the best of all that you want but its slightly less inspiring lookwise (again subjective) but you can get a new one and warranty is a big plus. The M6 is love or hate car and the tranny, over time, could bore you or irritate you. Its a work of art exhaustwise though and I found myself rarely using the radio. The CLS is arguably the best looking of the group and has 500+ hp on tap- good exhaust note, and can be a high 11 second car with some mods. It has the potential to look the best IMHO with wheels and a drop.

Good luck.