C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 CLS63 Comand Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 / W212 E63
2012 CLS63 Comand Question...

For all new 2012 CLS63 owners, I have a question regarding your Comand system. I received mine back in July 2011, and the Comand system is a DVD changer with a PC Card slot for memory card MP3's. However, I have seen later CLS63's with a single DVD Comand that has the smaller SD Card slot instead. Besides the difference between PC Card and SD Card the Comand interface is a little different, in that the SD Card single DVD Comand shows album cover picture when playing MP's, while those with PC Card and DVD changer like mine does not show the album cover pictures.

Does anyone have the DVD Changer Comand with the PC Card slot, that shows the MP3 album cover picture on the LCD screen? I am wondering if the software for the DVD Changer Comand with PC Card slot is upgradeable to the newer version that shows the album covers.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by shimmers
For all new 2012 CLS63 owners, I have a question regarding your Comand system. I received mine back in July 2011, and the Comand system is a DVD changer with a PC Card slot for memory card MP3's. However, I have seen later CLS63's with a single DVD Comand that has the smaller SD Card slot instead. Besides the difference between PC Card and SD Card the Comand interface is a little different, in that the SD Card single DVD Comand shows album cover picture when playing MP's, while those with PC Card and DVD changer like mine does not show the album cover pictures.

Does anyone have the DVD Changer Comand with the PC Card slot, that shows the MP3 album cover picture on the LCD screen? I am wondering if the software for the DVD Changer Comand with PC Card slot is upgradeable to the newer version that shows the album covers.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My car is an August 2011 build and I can see the album cover on the screen... I also have Sirius Weather access. I think the Comand got updated right around my build time.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 (218)
Exclamation New Command

I also own a CLS 63. The MB has to offer the newest Command after June 2011. All CLS 350 comes with COMMAND ONLINE (internet) and CD/MP3 COVER ART
I've complained to MB Brazil but nothing has been done so far. I feel deceived by MB
Old 01-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 / W212 E63
Originally Posted by Tolerancia
I also own a CLS 63. The MB has to offer the newest Command after June 2011. All CLS 350 comes with COMMAND ONLINE (internet) and CD/MP3 COVER ART
I've complained to MB Brazil but nothing has been done so far. I feel deceived by MB
This really sucks for those of us whom bought the car right when it was released. Does this mean that our Comand will never get an update just like the current Comand, since the physical system is different? I wonder if I could just retrofit the newer Comand in my car, but then again it's not worth it. I also feel deceived by MB...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 PM

MB CLS 350
Originally Posted by Tolerancia
Hi Tolerancia,

I'm in Brazil too... Florianopolis. Trying to find out how to update the MB Comand system (CLS350/2010) so I can install south american maps and maparadar POIs.

Did you know something about it? I have the same problem in a Range Rover 2010.

I had found some DVDs to update the MB Comand, but first I need to find out what is the Comand version to download the right one.

Please reply if you got something fixed, I'll do it too.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:01 AM

CLS63 (218)
Originally Posted by CBittar
Hi Tolerancia,

I'm in Brazil too... Florianopolis. Trying to find out how to update the MB Comand system (CLS350/2010) so I can install south american maps and maparadar POIs.

Did you know something about it? I have the same problem in a Range Rover 2010.

I had found some DVDs to update the MB Comand, but first I need to find out what is the Comand version to download the right one.

Please reply if you got something fixed, I'll do it too.

CBittar,

Mundo pequeno, não ?

Na verdade a questão, no meu caso, é física (hardware). A Mercedes, nos modelos CLS63 2012 AMG, instalou o Comand antigo (não tem Internet, não tem capas de disco, etc). Nos modelos CLS 350 o Comand é diferente e melhor.....essa é minha bronca

Se o Hardware é antigo, o software novo (já existe nas concessionárias MB) só atualizará o GPS, na linha 2012 ele é nativo.

Por isso, acredito que vc. tenha como instalar GPS Brasil, bastando levar seu carro numa concessionária MB e pedir o DVD ( no meu caso foi de graça e levou 40 min)

Espero ter lhe ajudado. Forte abraço