C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Renntech ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGTortoise

Also, kinda too much credit for Henry that provided the tune for RENNtech LOL... I am so happy that Henry can answer that for you, glad I got my sources right =) RENNtech develops their own inhouse tunes & you guys are getting Henry's tune & splashing it as a VTECH toon!
More misinformation proving you are absolutely clueless on what you are talking about. You're a spin doctor Mr. Tortoise. I see right through your agenda. Guess what? It's not working!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by Ready2roll
So if you knew it already then don't claim Renntech does in house tunes on the CLS63TT when it's Mr. Bar that has supplied them with a canned tune.

Have a good day Mr. Tortoise!
Keep dreaming! Prove it!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:34 PM

2005 E55 AMG
The sure did! Removed cats and downpipes. I wish I could go this route on my car also, but unfortunately my wife would not hear of it. It's actually her daily driver
I'm all for bench racing, actual drag racing, making more power at the expense of some comfort, etc.

But DON'T **** off the wife!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
I'm all for bench racing, actual drag racing, making more power at the expense of some comfort, etc.

But DON'T **** off the wife!
You got that right buddy. When my wifes pissed she makes us all miserable
Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
At the end of the day its all about the numbers. If the Vtech tune provides the same numbers as Renntech for $1500 less, then why not go with Vtech?
Renntech makes a great product no doubt, but I could never justify spending that much on a tune. Especially if there are tunes out there just as good (if not better) for alot less.

Last edited by _AMG_; 02-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Bentley, Audi
Mr. Tortoise, don't be jealous and please don't hate.
The information I have given is 100% factual. Where have you seen V-Tech advertise they do their own in house tune?
They have never claimed that. It is a canned tune just like Renntech uses. The only difference is Renntech want's you to believe otherwise and charges $1500 more for their illusion.

Renntech may do their own tuning for other models, but for the CLS63TT it's a canned tune provided by Henry. No doubt, without a question and 100% factual. Get over yourself

I only want to point out one important fact here- that our ECU tunes for the Biturbo Mercedes and all of our ECU tunes for that matter are developed produced, tested and maintained right here at our facility in Lake Park, Florida with two (x2) full time software engineers and have an inhouse dyno that runs 8-10 hours a day-everyday (my loss of hearing will attest to this).

The multitude of customers who have had ECU's tuned by us or have ever been to our facility will also attest to this. RENNtech is a fully functioning R&D, service and tuning facility with 20+ employees under the same roof- not a reseller or an internet based phantom company. Our products are designed, developed and tested right here-at RENNtech.

Ready2roll, I am not sure where the negativity comes from but I suggest that at least before you slam a forum sponsor, you double check your information or at least base it on some kind of fact.

I myself will not continue to add anymore negativity to this thread and would hope that others on these boards feel the same.

I can personally be reached for questions, comments or any info you or anyone else involved in this thread would like from me via email mhatfield@renntechmercedes.com or direct at 561-845-7888 x23

Thanks to the forum members for your time regarding this matter
Regards,
Mark@RENNtech

Last edited by RENNtech AMG; 02-27-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: length
Old 02-27-2012, 06:38 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by RENNtech AMG

Ready2roll, I am not sure where the negativity comes from but I suggest that at least before you slam a forum sponsor, you double check your information or at least base it on some kind of fact.
The negativity comes from your employee, or "head cheerleader" AMGTortoise's antagonistic behavior. Just read back and you will see why he could cause one to become aggravated.

The information passed on to me was second hand. Could be false info, but It's a pretty trusted source. If it is indeed incorrect please accept my sincere apology
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by _AMG_
At the end of the day its all about the numbers.
To you, perhaps. But, respectively, not to everyone.

If the Vtech tune provides the same numbers as Renntech for $1500 less, then why not go with Vtech?
Because everyone values things differently.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Renntech's been around since the 1980's... and is still around, tuning everything from basic C classes, up to SLR 722's, and everything in between. Hartmut Feyhl spent a dozen years at AMG before even founding Renntech. They routinely have excellent objective and subjective results for their wares. Their M157 tune appears no exception.

Vtech joined MBW in February 2012 - so, literally, less than a month ago. And, other than their M157 tune showing promise with a couple new CLS's, I've never heard of them before with respect to any sort of MB/AMG tuning.

Some folks have no problem going with a new vendor and tune with their $90k car and brand-spanking new engine. Others like the peace of mind of historical longevity and significance, coupled with a consistently stellar reputation. Is it worth $1500 bucks? To some, sure; to others, no.

Regardless, it's good for consumers to have choices. It'd be great if folks could support one another's choices, but I guess the need to continually keep rationalizing our own choices and try to persuade others to mirror them is a powerful one amongst car enthusiasts.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
I started this thread and man did you guys educate me but I also want to say this....

I am not a gear head but want to be very badly and I am not going to pose otherwise and thats why I am all over the place asking questions right now. We are all talking about one of the most amazing, under tuned engines out there and how to get more out of it. No reason to knock ANYONES passion for this car and if there's a beef...and you can afford this car in the first place...than you can arrange to meet somewhere on a track and settle it once and for all.

See you at Fontana one day...in the rearview....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 CLS63
I'm sorry to see a thread turn out like this.

Yes V-Tech Tuning has only been a sponsor here for a month, but I assure you we are in it for the long haul and we are not going anywhere. We have a great tune for the TT cars and we stand behind our product. I believe we are the only tuner that offers a money back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with your tune provided by us then we are happy to flash your ECU back to stock and give you a full refund. Not one customer has taken us up on that guarantee. Everyone is beyond satisfied and that makes us very proud.

Feel free to contact me any time with questions or concerns.

Kindest Regards,
Old 02-27-2012, 07:29 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Renntech's been around since the 1980's... and is still around, tuning everything from basic C classes, up to SLR 722's, and everything in between. Hartmut Feyhl spent a dozen years at AMG before even founding Renntech. They routinely have excellent objective and subjective results for their wares. Their M157 tune appears no exception.

Vtech joined MBW in February 2012 - so, literally, less than a month ago. And, other than their M157 tune showing promise with a couple new CLS's, I've never heard of them before with respect to any sort of MB/AMG tuning.

Some folks have no problem going with a new vendor and tune with their $90k car and brand-spanking new engine. Others like the peace of mind of historical longevity and significance, coupled with a consistently stellar reputation. Is it worth $1500 bucks? To some, sure; to others, no.

Regardless, it's good for consumers to have choices. It'd be great if folks could support one another's choices, but I guess the need to continually keep rationalizing our own choices and try to persuade others to mirror them is a powerful one amongst car enthusiasts.
That's an EXCELLENT post.

Hartmut Feyhl spent a dozen years at AMG
Technical Director for AMG North America, according to Wiki.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Ready2Roll didnt slam any forum sponsor? Show us where the sponsor post was placed and so-called slamming. I have seen two sponsors now post here but it was not their thread and I dont see any slamming. Even then it would have to violate the TOU. Ive seen many a sponsor fight here at MBW in over 10 years. We do not need one here.

So let Ready enjoy his Vtech ECU and Tortoise enjoy supporting Renntech. Both are happy with who they support and the products.

The OP apparently got what he needed and more. This is not sponsor thread so lets be clear do not offend anyone or any member. Sponsors are not above the rules aka TOU. And cheerleaders are most definitely not either.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I got a tune for the new CLS63TT.

If you really want to be a baller, check this out

EVOTECHUSA

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 02-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This tortoise guy is a joke . Swinging harddd
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ready2Roll didnt slam any forum sponsor? Show us where the sponsor post was placed and so-called slamming. I have seen two sponsors now post here but it was not their thread and I dont see any slamming.
I don't think there was any slamming either, but it was not proper to claim Renntech buys their tunes from someone and resells them like the other tuners do. When people browse the forum, they're going to see someone belittling a forum sponsor and assume he knows what he's talking about. If they stop reading there and don't see Renntech's reply on this page, that is.

But boy was he hoppin' mad and sure that he was right!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

-By numbers I mean track numbers, not price.

-I know how long Renntech has been around that's why they are a top of they're game when it comes to tuning Mercedes.
No one is arguing about Renntechs products, or history (Read my previous post, I even said Renntech makes a great product).

-Absolutely, its always good for a consumer to have choices.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by gripforce-cl65
To OP, I have v-tech stage 1 tune on my car and you are more than welcome to drive my car and feel the differences. I'm betting you will be sold once you drive it. I'm a 'real world result' car guy who doesn't believe in bench racing so the dyno numbers mean nothing to me. Recently I took the car to 1/2 mi airstrip attack event and it surprised many people including myself. A full write up will be followed shortly but to give you a tease, my car pulled about 3 cars on a 670HP Renntech tuned SL65 and it proves how fast this car is now with just the tune
I live in Irvine. PM me for the 'exclusive' v-tech tune test drive. For me, it was the best 2k I ever spent on any mods, period!!!
You're a good guy!

I offer the same thing. If anyone is in the Louisiana area and want to drive my car to see what it's like with a V-Tech tune you are welcome to it
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 PM

07 cls63 amg, 09 R1
You're a good guy!

I offer the same thing. If anyone is in the Louisiana area and want to drive my car to see what it's like with a V-Tech tune you are welcome to it
Can I take it for few laps around No Problem?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by TWF63
Can I take it for few laps around No Problem?

hmmm, maybe! As long as you aren't running side by side with any other cars. If I bring that car home dented up that's my ***
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM

07 cls63 amg, 09 R1
Can you even run two cars side by side around there, it is tight course
I roadraced bike there few years back.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by TWF63
Can you even run two cars side by side around there, it is tight course
I roadraced bike there few years back.

That's a good question. I've never run on the road coarse there. Only the drag strip.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 PM

07 cls63 amg, 09 R1
Two mini coopers maybe
Back to tune. Since Vtech guy is here do you have tune for 07 cls63? Don't think I saw it on site.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 AM

2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
When are we going to see downpipes from MBH?

Ken

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I got a tune for the new CLS63TT.

If you really want to be a baller, check this out

EVOTECHUSA
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by _AMG_
-By numbers I mean track numbers, not price.

-I know how long Renntech has been around that's why they are a top of they're game when it comes to tuning Mercedes.
No one is arguing about Renntechs products, or history (Read my previous post, I even said Renntech makes a great product).

-Absolutely, its always good for a consumer to have choices.
I know your "numbers" comment meant performance, not price.

Your post stated, paraphrasing, "if Vtech and Renntech offer similar results, and Vtech costs $1500 less, why wouldn't someone go with Vtech over Renntech?" - I offered a couple hypotheses as to why.

Personally, if I were driving a brand new CLS63TT or E63TT, with a newly released engine that tuners are just at the "tip of the iceberg" of figuring out, I probably wouldn't run a tune from a newcomer (no offense to Vtech or any other applicable tuners).

The admittedly subjective, peace-of-mind aspect of going with a longstanding AMG tuning solution like Kleemann (who might not even have a M157 tune yet, IDK) or Renntech would be worth the extra coin to me.

I tend to hang onto cars, though - some guys switch cars every year (or less) - in those cases, maybe the "longevity-risk" doesn't matter as much... as it'd be the 2nd/3rd/4th owner's problem to figure out.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

The admittedly subjective, peace-of-mind aspect of going with a longstanding AMG tuning solution like Kleemann (who might not even have a M157 tune yet, IDK) or Renntech would be worth the extra coin to me.
Actually Kleemann does have a tune available and have published higher HP numbers than RT for half the cost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech ECU Upgrade