Originally Posted by hyperion667
can't wait to read the reply to this one
Same.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK DTM
Originally Posted by ecm
That's funny, I was in your store earlier this year and tried to purchase your services for window tint and clear bra on my new 2012 CLS 63, and was told by your salespeople that you DO NOT install window tint on CLS because it was too difficult, which I found kind of lame since you claim to be so good at what you do. I even asked the salesperson to doublecheck with the owner, and got the same answer. I checked around with other shops, and they all seemed very comfortable with doing the work. I got the work done elsewhere and had a great outcome. Now you are advertising that you do CLS window tint installs. So I guess you finally figured it out.
Sorry, but I personally do not have any information regarding this. Either way, glad to hear you had it done to your car.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
And how does PhotoSync compare to an OEM product? Let's compare it to Porsche's Thermal IR Glass option (an $1125 option for just the rear windows). In this example, we applied PhotoSync45 (45% VLT - the lower the percentage, the darker the film gets) to the front two windows and compare it directly to the rear windows with Porsche's IR Glass (30% VLT):

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/p...echnology.html
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Completed Photos:

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
meh.....
Old 06-21-2012, 12:44 PM

2012 CLS63
How does this film compare to Huper?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
I'd want mine darker tbh. I'm sure in person it looks much better
Old 06-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Originally Posted by charge
How does this film compare to Huper?
From our tests, it outperforms all of the ceramic films on the market. There is also a very unique feature to this film's IR coating....it will also darken as its performance coating is exposed to sunlight. In our tests, this product will darken by up to 11% and block out 98.5% of infrared rays. Ceramic based products are generally in the 80% range for infrared rejection.

There are two downsides that we have noticed.....window tinters must heat shrink the film for curved glass (rear glass). PhotoSync is pretty darn tough to heat shrink, which means not very many window tinters can install it properly.

2nd, there is a limited number of Spectra Dealers (authorized centers) from Prestige Film Technologies. I believe there is no more than 10 global dealers.

One other pro to this product compared to some of ceramic based tints is that, since this product is not ceramic, it will not leave a "ghosting" mark when it is heat shrunk.

Last edited by Premier Films; 06-23-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Once this coating is activated by sun's exposure, the performance improves.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I just had this done to my Maserati and previously I had Huper on my car. What I can say is that there is a noticeable difference when I'm driving. I'm pretty perception oriented and can tell if I see and feel it. I highly recommend this product.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Originally Posted by Frankster
I just had this done to my Maserati and previously I had Huper on my car. What I can say is that there is a noticeable difference when I'm driving. I'm pretty perception oriented and can tell if I see and feel it. I highly recommend this product.
Thank you! Glad we were able to assist you!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
The edges shaved to eliminate the gap

Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
PhotoSync does come in the following shades (represented in "VLT" - visible light transmision)

http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml

75%
65%
45%

***Keep in mind, according to the manufacturer, their "Solar Adaptive Coating" is what's truly unique about this nano tint. The performance of this tint actually improves as it gets hotter. Another effect of their Solar Adaptive Coating is that the film actually darkens when the sun gets more intense....by up to 11%! We had confirmed this effect as well.

We have used the various products on the market before such as dyed, metallic, ceramic, & hybrids and so far, this is one product that is technologically advanced to match the technology of luxury cars today.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Here's a shot of the windshield with PhotoSync75 (75% shade, which is pretty darn light)

Old 07-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Lexus; BMW; WTB AMG CLS or SL
What is the cost for a CLS?

How does it compare to regular tint? Can you provide results for a comparison with a regular 20% or 35% tint?

If someone likes the look of dark windows, can they put a dark regular tint on top of this?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Here is a test we performed on a Cayenne Turbo with the Porsche factory Thermal IR Glass for the rear windows. We installed PhotoSync45 (same shade as this CLS63) onto the Cayenne's front two windows and did a side by side comparison.

Porsche Thermal IR Glass is a factory installed option for the Cayenne and Panamera. It's performance is similar to that of a high-end ceramic tint.

http://www.luxury4play.com/porsche/1...ml#post1771355

The factory shade on the Porsche Thermal IR Glass is 30%

As for darkening, you cannot apply tint over pre-existing tint....it will bubble over time.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63 Renntech
Originally Posted by ecm
That's funny, I was in your store earlier this year and tried to purchase your services for window tint and clear bra on my new 2012 CLS 63, and was told by your salespeople that you DO NOT install window tint on CLS because it was too difficult, which I found kind of lame since you claim to be so good at what you do. I even asked the salesperson to doublecheck with the owner, and got the same answer. I checked around with other shops, and they all seemed very comfortable with doing the work. I got the work done elsewhere and had a great outcome. Now you are advertising that you do CLS window tint installs. So I guess you finally figured it out.
Where did you end up having your tint done?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Originally Posted by adamski
What is the cost for a CLS?

How does it compare to regular tint? Can you provide results for a comparison with a regular 20% or 35% tint?

If someone likes the look of dark windows, can they put a dark regular tint on top of this?
There is currently just 1-2 Spectra dealers from Prestige per state that is authorized to carry PhotoSync Nano Tint. Contact the manufacturer to see who in your area carries it.

http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml
Old 07-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
We have received multiple inquiries to this product from various parts of the country and overseas as well. We actually are unfamiliar with other dealers, so we would recommend those outside of California to contact the manufacturer directly. From our tests so far, it performs extremely well especially with the heat wave of late. All of the employees at Premier switched out window films to PhotoSync strictly because of it's performance.

Manufacturer: Prestige Film Technologies
Site: www.prestige-films.com

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Within a market that is pretty saturated with window tint, it is important to pick the right product for your vehicle....especially vehicles that will see a lot of sunlight. UV exposure not only exposes the interior components to fading, but is also harmful to skin. This product will block out nearly 100% of UVA and UVB rays. In terms of heat radiating into the interior cabin, you will have to compare IR rejection. IR accounts for 53% of the solar spectrum, so how well a film performs in this category is quite important. PhotoSync will block out 98.5% of IR...most window films on the market are only rejecting 20%-30% of IR.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Just some more information to help members here understand better how this nano window film compares to other products out there

The solar spectrum consists of Visible Light (44%), Infrared (53%), and Ultraviolet (3%). Since infrared accounts for 53% of the solar spectrum, the performance of the product in this form of measure is quite important. Most dyed window films on the market only produce infrared rejection of 20%-30%. By comparison, PhotoSync blocks out up to 98.5% of infrared. The uniqueness of this product is that it's infrared rejecting capabilities improve as it gets hotter...

Some of the metallized films on the market will produce some impressive results; however, at the sacrifice of interfering with electronics. PhotoSync uses nano technology to produce significant heat rejection without affecting items like cell phone signals, radar detection signals, am / fm, etc.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Some have asked us how it compares to Huper and Madico's Ceramic. From our experience and perspective, both of these products will have distortions in the rear glass resulting from heat shrinking. It is absolutely necessary to heat shrink the window film to get it to conform to the curvature of the rear glass and the heat shrinking process distorts the composition of the ceramics. These will actually look like metallic distortions that can be seen in direct sunlight.

On PhotoSync, you will not get any of these issues. From direct experience these ceramic products also can affect keyless entry systems in BMWs and Audis and also affect other wireless transmission signals such as AM / FM, radar, etc.

Another difference is the heat rejection capabilities. The products above, based on our own testing, rejects approximately 80%-85% of IR whereas PhotoSync blocks out up to 98.5% of IR. This is extremely significant for those living in the hotter climates.

For those not in our area, contact the manufacturer directly to see who is in their area - www.prestige-films.com

And for more projects with this film, just Google "Spectra PhotoSync"
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
I live in a state ht puts inspection stickers inide the windshield. Would that preclude usin Nano tint on he windshield?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK DTM
Originally Posted by Lew L
I live in a state ht puts inspection stickers inide the windshield. Would that preclude usin Nano tint on he windshield?
Really depends on how aggressive these sticker's adhesive is. If it is like the adhesive for the registration sticker we have for the license plate, then we would not recommend it. Best to ask a professional window tinter in your state as we do not have those stickers here in California.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:07 PM

2012 CLS63
I'm curious to try this film out on my new '13 CLS63 but the quote I was given by the Socal dealer was TWICE that of what I could get Huper Ceramic for.
Unless there is a promotion, I'm gonna pass and opt for Huper...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Brabus CLS63 in for PhotoSync Nano Tint