C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Passport 9500ci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2012 CLS 63, 2013 Gallardo LP550
Can't see the pics. Not sure what you mean about your cars and their colors, why not just post black and white pics?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
LMAO... you have to login to see the site? Post pics of your install on your car or GTFO, We want to see the "master laser interceptor installation" "on your $100k car"... For as much talking you do it better be the greatest install... I am sure you used alot of unobtanium also! No, I don't care to see anyone else's install but yours!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Before I get banned and the topic is locked, as I said in the other cls post, I hang out in the audio section and don't have time to follow the rest of the forum as I am really busy and have a family to balance. i only popped up her because of the PM's I got. Hope it helped you out, and remember

laser happens in nanoseconds, don't believe for a second that you have any control or that your actions are going to change anything when you get that warning. Nanoseconds.

Have a good night and have fun with keeprtpasslt, he will argue with a stop sign.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
Thanks guys. Any recommendations for a high quality installer in the Wilmington, DE/Philadelpha, PA area.

Also, I have a blank switch in the center console. (Maybe because I do not hav Distronic Plus). Are unetched buttons available at could be sed as a Mute button for he Passport?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
This feels a bit like high school where the perceived nerdy kid presents his perspective based on facts that differ from his opponent and they resort to name calling and bullying.

Let me share my personal experience with jammers and keeprt. I had a set of jammers (LI's) installed on my 550 by a professional in LA who 3 dealers recommended as well as MC Eng as "the guy" to go to for MB's. He did a fantastic and I mean fantastic job of installing the STiR+, the MC Module to integrate and the LI system on the inside. You can't tell I have anything in the car. Now, when I had it tested with a group of ~10 enthusiasts in the basin (keeprt flew out from the EC to attend with ~$10k worth of laser guns) I had the worst results of anyone...even the guy that did his own install at 10pm the night before beat me. Keeprt helped me tear into the install, trouble shoot it and give me very specific instructions to correct. My installer followed these instructions to a "T" and I retested against 4 of the most common guns in my area....jammed the guns up to ~100ft at 30mph.

keeprt knows his stuff when it comes to jammers, radar detector and LIDAR guns and it a wealth of knowledge on the other forum. I can also tell you that he is a well educated professional (white coat type that frequently gets blood on it) with a passion for the hobby of speed detection countermeasures. This isn't a snot nosed poser wanna be that trolls boards looking for a fight. I believe he joined this forum to help share some knowledge with our members after I told him about my experience of researching, selecting and finally installing my set-up. There was a vacuum of experience on this site when I was doing my research. Now it seems that we have so much knowledge what some "know" is getting in the way of what they can learn.

if you found this thread trying to learn about LIDAR jammers or radar detectors you are in the wrong forum. Check out radardetectorforum.org sign up and browse around. Good group of folks over there that have helped me immensely with my set-up. I read MBWorld for specifics on my car and RDF.org for specifics on my countermeasures.