C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Mr. Pertplus... Your CLS63 is ready to devour whatever you desire.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by otherotherbenz
so you have straight pipes + catless DPs?
Is it possible to post the sound clip?
Yes and ill have to post clips when I get back to San Diego. Don't have my car with me for thanksgiving.

Last edited by Pertplus; 11-22-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is with no resonator and the catless Kleeman downpipes. It is in my underground garage on a warmed up start. The cold start occurred when I picked it up from my office after ACG dropped it off for me while I was in LA for thanksgiving. Truth be told, the cold start after 2 days shocked me....but once it warmed up, sounds pretty beastly. However, I am going to reinstall the resonators just to see the difference in sound. I wasnt planning on posting these when I took them, so sorry if they arent top notch. Also, the TPM sensor is off because we took those off the tires in anticipation of my HREs (when we did the lowering and painted reflectors), just to make the install less time consuming.

http://s1204.beta.photobucket.com/us...37C59.mp4.html

http://s1204.beta.photobucket.com/us...2406D.mp4.html

Last edited by Pertplus; 11-23-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
SOUNDS BEASTLY!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
n/a
Wow. . . nice results.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Sounds sick

Tal can you please pm the price of K2 package
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
were you hoping to get a better sound in a parking deck with the echo? LOL....
and why is the warning light on??? lol again
Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Here is another clip of the Kleemann catless downpipes. I am sure with the resonator-delete it sounds insane but I'm wondering if it becomes a bit too loud (like waking up the neighbors loud)? I'm looking forward to your review of this setup......congrats!

Tal, how long does it take to install these downpipes? I know it is a direct bolt-on.

Last edited by Rock; 11-24-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
were you hoping to get a better sound in a parking deck with the echo? LOL....
and why is the warning light on??? lol again
What? I took the video where I live (aka my parking lot) and the door was open. Other than that douche, I don't know what you're "lol-ing" about.

Last edited by Pertplus; 11-24-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
Here is another clip of the Kleemann catless downpipes. I am sure with the resonator-delete it sounds insane but I'm wondering if it becomes a bit too loud (like waking up the neighbors loud)? I'm looking forward to your review of this setup......congrats!

Tal, how long does it take to install theses downpipes? I know it is a direct bolt-on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmoOfaWd_8
The cold start was definitely too loud for me...but on "non-cold" starts, it sounds pretty great. So that's my conundrum. Do I alter the setup because of how it sounds on a cold start and thus change the growl I enjoy 95% of the time? Or keep it and but pray for my neighbors during its cold start?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Last edited by Pertplus; Today at 10:08 AM

lol
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by Faris63
Sounds sick

Tal can you please pm the price of K2 package
Of course. PM Sent.

Originally Posted by Rock

Tal, how long does it take to install these downpipes? I know it is a direct bolt-on.
It only takes an hour. Not bad at all.

Coming from a guy who daily's a strait piped GT-R I think Matt's car sounds absolutely sick. But we are going to put an X-Pipe on it to cut it down some. Vids to follow.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
Of course. PM Sent.

It only takes an hour. Not bad at all.

Coming from a guy who daily's a strait piped GT-R I think Matt's car sounds absolutely sick. But we are going to put an X-Pipe on it to cut it down some. Vids to follow.

I can attest that your car is a true animal! I just need something a little quieter on cold starts since I park everyday in an underground parking lot.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS63 AMG, 2012 Bentley Cont. GT, 2013 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Pertplus
I can attest that your car is a true animal! I just need something a little quieter on cold starts since I park everyday in an underground parking lot.
if you park in an underground parking lot, why should you worry to wake up the neighbors then??
Your car sounds very very sick with that setup.. It would be sin to reduce that sound lol
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if you park in an underground parking lot, why should you worry to wake up the neighbors then??
Your car sounds very very sick with that setup.. It would be sin to reduce that sound lol
My bad, I'm referring to my neighbors cars (ie, their car alarms) and anyone else down in the parking lot at the time. Also, I park at work in an underground parking lot and don't need to set off alarms there either (already did it to two cars on a cold start Friday).
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 PM

My bad, I'm referring to my neighbors cars (ie, their car alarms) and anyone else down in the parking lot at the time. Also, I park at work in an underground parking lot and don't need to set off alarms there either (already did it to two cars on a cold start Friday).
loll now thats what im talking about..
how much did the labor for the DP installation cost?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
oh that's funny, you are 'that guy' haha
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My impressions so far....

No Resonator, Straight Pipe and Catless DPs: Very loud on a cold start, but once it warms up, it is definitely a pretty sick growl. No annoying drone in the car when driving. In an underground parking lot, like many of you will expect, the sound of the car is monstrous. To me, it still sounds a little too much like a monster truck or hot rod.

No Resonator, X Pipe and Catless DPs: Still loud on cold start but not overwhelming like the straight pipe. No droning in the car. The big difference to me with both setups is throatiness of the exhaust tone. When you get on the car...even at 3000-4000 rpms, it sounds like what a fast sports car should sound like. But at lower rpms when youre just cruising around, it sounds normal. The straight pipe setup to me always sounded loud, no matter how fast you were going and bordered on obnoxious...whereas the X pipe is much more tempered but will respond when you need it to.

Obviously this is a very subjective review and it's hard to be detailed when you're describing exhaust sounds, but overall, the X pipe setup to me is much more practical (probably wont attract as much police attention or both neighbors) and doesnt have the hot rod sound to it. Again, this is with Catless DPs, so I imagine with just a resonator delete and a straight pipe, the sound would be much different.

I will get some fly by clips and start ups as well to hopefully give a better picture.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
are u getting much more power being cat less. .....any issue with CELs
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vdubpower
are u getting much more power being cat less. .....any issue with CELs
Definitely a lot more power and no CELs (knock on wood). I also got the Kleeman tune with the DPs so that could explain the lack of CELs.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM

My impressions so far....

No Resonator, Straight Pipe and Catless DPs: Very loud on a cold start, but once it warms up, it is definitely a pretty sick growl. No annoying drone in the car when driving. In an underground parking lot, like many of you will expect, the sound of the car is monstrous. To me, it still sounds a little too much like a monster truck or hot rod.

No Resonator, X Pipe and Catless DPs: Still loud on cold start but not overwhelming like the straight pipe. No droning in the car. The big difference to me with both setups is throatiness of the exhaust tone. When you get on the car...even at 3000-4000 rpms, it sounds like what a fast sports car should sound like. But at lower rpms when youre just cruising around, it sounds normal. The straight pipe setup to me always sounded loud, no matter how fast you were going and bordered on obnoxious...whereas the X pipe is much more tempered but will respond when you need it to.

Obviously this is a very subjective review and it's hard to be detailed when you're describing exhaust sounds, but overall, the X pipe setup to me is much more practical (probably wont attract as much police attention or both neighbors) and doesnt have the hot rod sound to it. Again, this is with Catless DPs, so I imagine with just a resonator delete and a straight pipe, the sound would be much different.

I will get some fly by clips and start ups as well to hopefully give a better picture.
very nice review!!
another question, which sounded louder; straight pipes only or x-pipe+catless DP?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

very nice review!!
another question, which sounded louder; straight pipes only or x-pipe+catless DP?
Thanks. Here is the back story to provide a little context, the Thursday before Thanksgiving, I decided to delete my resonators. During that process I also decided to do the Catless DPs. So we ordered the stuff from Kleeman, did a dyno of the baseline and then sent out my ECU so that it would arrive tuned at around the same time of the DPs. So instead of picking my car up after the resonator delete and then returning for when the Kleeman stuff arrived, I decided to keep it up there so everything could be done at once.

The reason for the backstory is to explain why I only heard the car for a short time with just the straight pipe and no DPs.

I went up before the DPs arrived for another matter, and James from ACG started up the car with the Kleeman tune and Straight Pipe (the DPs had yet to arrive) in their enclosed garage. The cold start and revs were very loud...definitely louder than the Catless DPS with the X Pipe.

I would say the cold start for the X Pipe and the Catless DPs (with a resonator delete) is similar -- but with more of a growl -- to a cold start up with my C63, LTHs, 200 High Flow Cats and Akrapovic Slip On Exhaust(
).

As for questions regarding the labor, I think (and James, Tal or Sean correct me if I am wrong) the DPs are roughly an hour or so for installation.

Love the way the car sounds now and as always, ACG did a fantastic job with everything. I have the Brabus front lip coming to match the rear diffuser. Also, HREs should be coming this week.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM

Pewter W211
Wow, very nice results.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

a car
SSSSSHHHHHHHH.........

Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
^^
The wheels themselves look great. But the color........not so much.
IMO it would look alot better if it were brushed aluminum or something, to each his own.

Pert, congrats on the huge numbers!

Last edited by _AMG_; 12-01-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
^^
The wheels themselves look great. But the color........not so much.
IMO it would look alot better if it were brushed aluminum or something, to each his own.

Pert, congrats on the huge numbers!
Yeah I definitely should have gone with another color like gloss black or brushed aluminum - car would look 10000x better. Going to call HRE and have them immediately refinished first thing Monday morning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mr. Pertplus... Your CLS63 is ready to devour whatever you desire.